NL 5x5 trade help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL 5x5 trade help please.

$260 budget 23 manrosters, 17 res. high inflation.

I was offered Posey $15 this year and next, Miley 11 and done, and Minor 5 can be extended at 5 per year for Heyward $20 and done and Chapman 5 can be extended at 5 per year (I would take him to 15 based on comments from past posts).

I have room on my keeper list without having to drop anybody. I do want to compete this year, but non-expiring contracts do add value to this league.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Depends on who you have on your team, but I'm leaning towards accepting. Posey for that price during his peak years is great. Basically in year two you'd be choosing between Posey or The Red Dragon and I'd rather have the former over the latter.

Comment

This one is tough for me.

I have Posey on one of my teams and I'm actively trying to trade him because I don't trust catchers, but it's tough to go wrong at that price.

I absolutely love Heyward and I think we're going to see a pretty big year from him. Chapman regardless of role is better than Miley. So the question becomes "Is Minor at $5 better than the difference between Posey and Heyward?"

I say yes only because you have two years of Posey and only one of Heyward.

Miley at $11 is a big bag of meh for me though. Is there anyone you might be able to substitute for him?

Comment

Agree with the Shogun of Harlem. A small upgrade over Miley would make it very attractive.

Late word is that Chapman will close, so his value takes a bit of a hit IMO.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen.

I do not see a replacement/upgrade for Miley that would make sense. His other keepers are not that attractive or would create salary issues for me.

I also do not think he would go for any upgrade.

I do have Axford as a closer. I also have McCutchen at 20 and an on the fence Kemp $51 ( but leaning towards keeping considering players back in the auction). Kemp is the best or second best non pitching player available depending on your views of the Braun situation.

Comment

I think I'd keep Heyward and Chapman over Posey and Minor
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I did notice he has a $3 Beachy that would also need to be played out or given raises at $5 per year. Not sure if he will do it but I consider him an upgrade over Miley in the original deal.

Thoughts?

Comment

So for this year he'd be $3 to end or you could have him for $8 this year and $13 next year?

I do like that better than Miley at $11 a year, but it's not substantially better given Beachy will be coming back from TJ and isnt' guaranteed a rotation spot down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  So for this year he'd be $3 to end or you could have him for $8 this year and $13 next year?

I do like that better than Miley at $11 a year, but it's not substantially better given Beachy will be coming back from TJ and isnt' guaranteed a rotation spot down the stretch.
                  He actually would be $8 for this year and next (or 13 for this year and two more years).

He has come back and offered me Posey(15 this year and next straight up for Chapman ( $5 needs a raise to either 10 for this year and next or 15 for this year and the next two years).

Comment

I'd do the Posey for Chapman deal. It appears he's going to be in the bullpen and that makes the risk factor with a catcher more palatable for me since Closers hanging on to their jobs can be volatile.

Comment

Thanks to all who have commented.

I am bumping to see if the new information has changed anyone's minds as well as hoping for a few more replies.

Comment

I would take a $15 Posey over a $5 Chapman, because of the greater uncertainty of pitchers, and the dominant position of Posey. I'm hoping that he gets less AB at catcher this year and more 1b/DH
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                        X