HDID - NL Only Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID - NL Only Team

10 team NL only redraft league, 5x5 with OBP instead of AVG. Planned to go studs and scrubs. So, apparently, did most of the rest of the league, as most players I had valued at $15-$40 went high, leaving most players that I had valued at around $8 and down available for one or two bucks late.

C Rosario $11
    1B LaRoche $20
    2B Barney $2
    3B Zimmerman $26
    SS Cozart $6
    CI Pacheco $1
    MI Pennington $1
    OF Braun $41
    OF Bruce $31
    OF Pagan $15
    OF Fowler $13
    OF Venable $2
    EH Nelson $1

P Wainwright $28
    P Bumgarner $27
    P Jackson $2
    P Volquez $1
    P Capuano $1
    P Kimbrel $29
    P Venters $1
    P Marshall $1
    P B.Wilson $1

I'll be able to stash Brian Wilson on reserve as of March 31 and pick up another SP. Most Rockies SPs are still available (Chacin, Pomeranz, Nicasio) as are Scott Feldman, Jake Westbrook and Clayton Richard. If Capuano doesn't make the rotation or gets traded out of the NL, I could pick up two.

As for hitting, I have serious concerns about my OBP. (I blew it by winning the bidding on Rosario right before Montero was nominated and sold for $9. I thought catcher prices would go higher after Posey went for $35, but he and Yadier were the only guys who went higher than projected dollar value.) But I think I'm in pretty good shape in HR, SB, RBI and R.

What do you guys think?

I like it. Offense should be solid. I like Pennington more than most people moving to Arizona. Outfield could be killer.

I like your two aces and the elite closer. I think Jackson and Capuano (as long as he has a rotation spot anyway) to be solid starters. Not a Volquez fan unless you can move him in and out of your lineup. IF Wilson finds a closer job at some point you're in great shape.

Comment

Really well balanced offense. I kept MadBum and Wainwright in RJEL so you already I'm a huge fan. I think both will be dominant this season.

Comment

Love the offense, like the pitching. Nice team.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
          I like it. Offense should be solid. I like Pennington more than most people moving to Arizona. Outfield could be killer.

I like your two aces and the elite closer. I think Jackson and Capuano (as long as he has a rotation spot anyway) to be solid starters. Not a Volquez fan unless you can move him in and out of your lineup. IF Wilson finds a closer job at some point you're in great shape.
          It's a nice team. And I assume instead of "move him in and out of your lineup" you meant, "unless you can move him out of your lineup and into one of your competitors' lineups where he can cause them heartburn and destroy their ERA and WHIP."

Comment

Working...
          X