Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Makes the First Round in a mixed league Straight Draft? Make the tough call!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
    I'm bumping this thread for some new information. I only thought I had the 5th pick in this "industry" draft. They spun the dial again, and now I'm 14 out of 15. Not quite working the wheel, but close. Maybe not quite as good as the wheel.

I had a game plan for the five hole based upon the above. Are there any tips you guys have for picking that late in the auction? Knowing I won't get one of the top dozen guys is a bummer, but there should be some way to turn this to my advantage. Shouldn't there?
    If it was me without question I would grab Verlander or Kershaw if available. With the next pick some might take a chance on high risk high reward like Tulo. I think there is too much risk with him. I would target Bautista, Hamilton, or Bruce. I think two of three and maybe all three will be there. I would feel pretty good with one of Verlander/Kershaw and one of these three after two rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      If it was me without question I would grab Verlander or Kershaw if available. With the next pick some might take a chance on high risk high reward like Tulo. I think there is too much risk with him. I would target Bautista, Hamilton, or Bruce. I think two of three and maybe all three will be there. I would feel pretty good with one of Verlander/Kershaw and one of these three after two rounds.
      Unless this league is different that most, Kershaw/Verlander wont be there. But yes, I'd be fine with taking almost anyone who fell to 14 that should have gone higher. But if everyone is gone that should be gone, I like a Price/Reyes combo. I'd be ecstatic if Cargo fell to 14.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        Unless this league is different that most, Kershaw/Verlander wont be there. But yes, I'd be fine with taking almost anyone who fell to 14 that should have gone higher. But if everyone is gone that should be gone, I like a Price/Reyes combo. I'd be ecstatic if Cargo fell to 14.
        In LABR mixed draft, Verlander, Strasburg and Kershaw were all available after pick 14. Cargo went 10th. I believe that one of Verlander or Kershaw will be there. I would take them and then one of Bruce or Bautista, and then wouldn't mind Hamilton. I think he will have a real shot at these unless Votto and Posey fall out of the top 14.

Comment

Working...
        X