X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Proposal: Jose Altuve, I hardly knew ye

10-team AL 5x5

I can probably trade Altuve 27 for AEscobar 21 and Bauer 2 or Kuroda 10

That would leave one of Profar/Greene as my 2B.

I was going to wait until May, but the difference between Altuve and Escobar isn't as big as I thought. Should I jump on this now? I would probably drop Valencia.
    Last edited by virgonomic; 03-19-2013, 09:36 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I think the gap between Altuve and Escobar is pretty huge, actually.

I think we need more info to make an informed opinion -- what's the keeper status? Are you a contender? If not, why give up now?

In a vacuum, I'd easily pass.

Comment

I do not think it much matters in a 1 team AL only.

All kidding aside I do think the missing number is important. Big difference between 10-12 teams. I also like Bauer a lot in a keeper league.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        1-team AL 5x5

I can probably trade Altuve 27 for Escobar 21 and Bauer 2 or Kuroda 10

I was going to wait until May, but the difference between Altuve and Escobar isn't as big as I thought. Should I jump on this now? I would probably drop Valencia.
        well done! In a 1-team league I would think it would be kinda tough to kind a trading partner.

edit: I should have known Gregg would beat me to it.

edit2: are we talking Yunel or Alcides?
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          I think the gap between Altuve and Escobar is pretty huge, actually.

I think we need more info to make an informed opinion -- what's the keeper status? Are you a contender? If not, why give up now?

In a vacuum, I'd easily pass.
          Original post edited. 10 teamer (it's also in my sig). All are keepers for 2014 only. It is AEscobar.

I think I need another SP and inquired about Bauer/Kuroda. This is not a dump trade.

With Feliz on the DL (team in sig) I can FAAB a SP after week 1 without dropping anyone.

Comment

10-team AL 5x5

I can probably trade Altuve 27 for AEscobar 21 and Bauer 2 or Kuroda 10

The gap between Altuve and Escobar widens when you realize that Escobar's skills didn't seem to improve much. If he sinks back to his lousy/mediocre batting average he will steal fewer bases and score fewer runs. I'd probably keep Altuve.

Comment

Original post edited. 10 teamer (it's also in my sig). All are keepers for 2014 only. It is AEscobar.
              I was comparing Altuve to Yunel Escobar. I agree, Alcides is far closer in value.

Obviously Bauer is a top prospect, but will he contribute this year? Kuroda is a fine pitcher, but I still think I hold Altuve, who's ceiling we haven't seen yet (probably unlike AEscobar).

Comment

What do you think the likely major-league playing time for Profar and Greene is this season?
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  What do you think the likely major-league playing time for Profar and Greene is this season?
                  Profar: 350 ABs
                  Greene: 450 ABs

I like Greene to win the HOU SS job and steal 20. I like that TEX is considering keeping Profar up as a utility guy. Last I heard he and Myers were going to spend half the season in AAA. He could still start the season there but I think he will be up sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    If only there was someone we could ask, who might know this sort of thing...

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      If only there was someone we could ask, who might know this sort of thing...
                      I didn't ask because I was curious about the answer.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Profar: 350 ABs
                        Greene: 450 ABs

I like Greene to win the HOU SS job and steal 20. I like that TEX is considering keeping Profar up as a utility guy. Last I heard he and Myers were going to spend half the season in AAA. He could still start the season there but I think he will be up sooner than later.
                        Well apparently Greene is not making the roster...

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                          Well apparently Greene is not making the roster...
                          Argh. And Profar starts the season in the minors. FAAB M-Gon for $2? If you can't make the Astros roster, you are probably spending the year in AAA.

Comment

Argh. And Profar starts the season in the minors. FAAB M-Gon for $2? If you can't make the Astros roster, you are probably spending the year in AAA.
                            Greene is out of options, so I guess he will be traded to someone.

Comment

Our roster's not nearly as bad as people think, particularly not on the back end. We're lacking the star players just yet, but our depth stacks up with most teams now. There's been a world of change in that regard since this time last season.

Comment

Working...
                              X