Remember this guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember this guy?

Former Diamondbacks and Reds pitcher Micah Owings is batting .400 with 2 HR & 10 RBI in 11 games this spring with the Nationals. It's the 30 year old's first year as a full time hitter. Owings will be starting the year in AAA as a backup 1B/OF. If Rick Ankiel could do it why not Owings? Might be a nice end gamer for leagues that draft minor leaguers.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

he's always been a better hitter than pitcher.

I always felt bad about these cases, where they likely were great hitters but some exec got the great idea to make them pitchers. It's probably too late to save Owings' career.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      he's always been a better hitter than pitcher.

I always felt bad about these cases, where they likely were great hitters but some exec got the great idea to make them pitchers. It's probably too late to save Owings' career.
      I agree. That said he might be fun to grab with my $2 last pick (17th round) when others are taking High School players.

Comment

I heard he is looking to be both a position player and a RP. If you draft hime do you get stuck with the pitching stats too???

Only kidding, every year a position player takes the mound and my league-mates try and stick those stats on whoever owns him...
        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Working...
        X