RJEL Keeper Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJEL Keeper Advice

I have a middling, but inexpensive, keeper list, but several minor leaguers who will probably help this year.

Likely Keeping
    $6 YAlonso
    $10 JAltuve
    $3 TFrazier (thinking of extending him t $8)
    $2 ADeAza
    $3 RLudwick
    $11 JAxford 2k14
    $3 SCishek
    $5 KMedlen

Choosing two out of this bunch
    $1 JValdespin
    $1 LForsythe
    $1 TMilone
    $3 BWallace
    $1 SSmith
    I'm leaning towards Valdespin/Milone, but I like Forsythe's chances to get many ABs at a weak position.

My Minor Leaguers who will likely help
    SMiller
    JTeheran
    JProfar
    AEaton
    KWong

So, essentially, who would you keep out of that bunch? And would you extend Frazier, and how long?

I would go with the guys that you've picked out, they have the most upside IMO. Wallace is being squeezed out, and Smith is strictly WW fodder. I also like Forsythe, but I'm concerned how many AB's he's going to get, so I leave him by the wayside.

Nice minor league guys though, at least 3 who'll help right away. And I'd extend Frazier for a year, I wouldn't want to go much higher on him.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
      I have a middling, but inexpensive, keeper list, but several minor leaguers who will probably help this year.

So, essentially, who would you keep out of that bunch? And would you extend Frazier, and how long?
      I'm starting to develop a thing for Valdespin. I don't like Forsythe so much if Gyorko wins the 2B job (and it looks like he has). I like Milone too, should be a pretty good value at $1. I like Wallace and I think he's the 1B to start but a slow start could doom him. Smith is losing at-bats in Oakland's share every position scheme. I guess that means I agree with you on keeping just Valdespin and Milone. It looks like your keepers are large enough values that giving Frazier a year won't hurt.

Comment

The only one I would probably add would be Valdespin.

Comment

forsythe's chances look better now with headley's injury, as long as he can do well for the first month. maybe it's wishful thinking, as i have him in a league at $2. i'd probably keep forsythe and valdespin. milone is the only other one i'd consider.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
          X