2K13 Nolan Arenado w WWYD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K13 Nolan Arenado w WWYD

So the Rockies are seriously considering keeping him up and making him the starting 3B. Prior to drafts last year he was the hot NL minor leaguer. He batted .298 20 122 A+ in 2011 583 PA (9.1 and 8.1 k and bb%). In 2012 he batted .285 12 56 in AA. Similar PA and 10.1 and 6.8 k and bb%.

He has had a solid ST showing some power and is a good defender.

Ok, here is my WWYD. 12 team NL only. I have him as a minor leaguer and submitting keeper list with a $3 Chris Nelson. If he is still up by Friday, I have the choice to keep him as a $8 s2 and keep and could keep or drop Nelson. That money would count against my funds at the draft. I could also keep him in my minors and he would be "free" at draft, but his salary escalates to $11. If he comes up and accumulates over 130 AB he loses his rookie status and would be keepable at the higher amount.

I have a very strong keeper list (hitting) and a $6 Wainwright and three undervalued closers (4x4). I literally just need to draft some SP and maybe a $20 hitter.
    Last edited by schlesinj; 03-18-2013, 11:18 AM.

I have a very similar situation (minus the strong keeper list). I may have to keep him $8 / s2. In your case, I would keep him in the minors. $3 difference isn't that big a deal, and a "free" keeper is great. I say that on the assumption that you don't lose him if he's a minor league keeper but ends up in the majors to start. In our league, that's how it works.

Comment

Historically, it was cut throat if he was up you kept him or you had to drop him. This year since we a drafting early we have a lot more flexibility.

Ultimately, you are right $3 savings next year (and potentially in 2015) not as valuable as saving 8 this year.

Comment

Working...
      X