Dear Dusty,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Dusty,

Well you got me again. I traded for one of your pitchers. I suppose in some way I deserve what ever happens. When will I ever learn?

Why do you go out of your way to torture fantasy baseball players?

There is no way that this is by accident. You do this on purpose. Did you lose a 6 team mixed yahoo league? What is the matter with you. This Chapman deal is by far not the first incident. Oh sure you disquise it as making real baseball decisions, but we all know those aren't so hot either. Nope it is evident that you have a grudge.

You have been harrassing us for 20 years. What kind of sick pleasure do you get out of this?

JUST STOP IT!!

Sincerely,

The Diamond Gypsies

Comment

Breaking Cincinnati news, traffic, weather and local headlines from The Cincinnati Enquirer newspaper.

"Truthfully, I would like to be a closer, but that’s not in my hands," Chapman said. Reds manager Dusty Baker would also like the left-hander to be his closer, but general manager Walt Jocketty and others with the Reds would like to try him out in the rotation. Chapman has been stretched out as a starter this spring and holds a 2.25 ERA over eight innings, though that's come with an uninspiring 4/4 K/BB ratio. Baker would like to make a decision on Chapman's role in the next few days.

Comment

So if Dusty moves Chapman, their only lefty starting pitcher, to the bullpen, then I'm guessing that Mike Leake becomes the 5th starter? Which do you like better...

Johnny Cueto, Mat Latos, Aroldis Chapman, Bronson Arroyo and Homer Bailey, with Jonathan Broxton as the closer and Sean Marshall/Jose Arredondo as the primary set-up men

OR

Johnny Cueto, Mat Latos, Bronson Arroyo, Homer Bailey, Mike Leake, with Aroldis Chapman as the closer and Jonathan Broxton/Sean Marshall as the primary set-up men

I think that Chapman in the starting rotation makes a lot more sense. It's not like Broxton is marginal, and Marshall/Arredondo setting up is pretty good (while Leake is not someone that I want to rely on heavily)

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
          So if Dusty moves Chapman, their only lefty starting pitcher, to the bullpen, then I'm guessing that Mike Leake becomes the 5th starter? Which do you like better...

Johnny Cueto, Mat Latos, Aroldis Chapman, Bronson Arroyo and Homer Bailey, with Jonathan Broxton as the closer and Sean Marshall/Jose Arredondo as the primary set-up men

OR

Johnny Cueto, Mat Latos, Bronson Arroyo, Homer Bailey, Mike Leake, with Aroldis Chapman as the closer and Jonathan Broxton/Sean Marshall as the primary set-up men

I think that Chapman in the starting rotation makes a lot more sense. It's not like Broxton is marginal, and Marshall/Arredondo setting up is pretty good (while Leake is not someone that I want to rely on heavily)
          But that's the point, Broxton IS marginal, just because they overpaid him doesn't mean that he's good. I see what Baker is doing, he's an old school baseball guy, and he like security. He can bring Chapman in the 8th inning if need be, and sit back and relax...that is also a huge psychological plus for the team. And the Reds window is closing, if they don't win it this year, they may not be good enough in the next several. This is a team that's built to win NOW, and they'll do what it takes to make that happen, even if it ruins some fantasy players day.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            But that's the point, Broxton IS marginal, just because they overpaid him doesn't mean that he's good. I see what Baker is doing, he's an old school baseball guy, and he like security. He can bring Chapman in the 8th inning if need be, and sit back and relax...that is also a huge psychological plus for the team. And the Reds window is closing, if they don't win it this year, they may not be good enough in the next several. This is a team that's built to win NOW, and they'll do what it takes to make that happen, even if it ruins some fantasy players day.
            Oh sure, be logical...

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I just think that having Leake as your 5th starter is a bigger negative than having Broxton as your closer. If you look toward the playoffs (where three starters can carry you a long way), Cueto, Latos and Chapman looks formidable, but with Arroyo or Bailey as your number three, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                I just think that having Leake as your 5th starter is a bigger negative than having Broxton as your closer. If you look toward the playoffs (where three starters can carry you a long way), Cueto, Latos and Chapman looks formidable, but with Arroyo or Bailey as your number three, not so much.
                Chapman vs Strasburg in an NLCS game 7 would be awesome!
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X