trade before freeze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade before freeze?

Today is roster freeze day and Ive been offered Cuddyer($8) and Pierre($1) for Ryan Doumit($1) in a 12-team mixed keeper. We start 2 catchers, and Doumit is my only one. I have an irrational love for Doumit as a C who gets a ton of ABs, and while there are plenty of C replacements on draft day (for more $$ of course), I dont feel like any of the ones available offer the same sort of upside from catcher as Doumit.

Is this an offer I cant refuse? Do I pull the trigger and then worry about filling 2 catchers on draft day?

Thanks!

I assume you have the room for an extra keeper? I too like Doumit, probably more than is warranted. Having said that, Pierre and his speed for $1 is tough to turn down. He should get a lot of PT in Miami & is slated to lead off. plus a seemingly healthy Cuddyer in Colorado for a full season - I'd jump on it. In a 12 team mixed there should be enough depth to find a solid C to replace Doumit.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I think Trana brings up a good point. Do you have to drop another keeper to make this deal? If you do not have to drop somebody it makes this deal even better. I like to go into the auciton with as many good value keepers as the league allows.

Comment

I would drop one of Leonys Martin or Profar if I made the deal - both cheap. Probably Martin.

Comment

Pass. In a 2C league a $1 Doumit is gold. In a 12-teamer there will be players similar to Cuddyer (GJones) and Pierre (RDavis) on the WW.

ETA: Just saw the post about dropping Profar/Martin. Profar may stick as a utility guy, and Martin could go 20-20 with enough ABs. I'd hold.
          Last edited by virgonomic; 03-17-2013, 10:09 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I like Martin but he has pressure from Gentry. When is your auction? If it is next week I think that adds to making the deal, buying you more time to see if Martin is the starter so you can rebid him at auction if you want to.

Doumit for a buck is great. It just seems like the value you get back is too great to pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I like Martin but he has pressure from Gentry. When is your auction? If it is next week I think that adds to making the deal, buying you more time to see if Martin is the starter so you can rebid him at auction if you want to.

Doumit for a buck is great. It just seems like the value you get back is too great to pass up.
              freeze day is today. a few hours from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                freeze day is today. a few hours from now.
                Pauly,

I get that, but when is the auction? If the auction is a week or two away you will have a better chance to know Martin's value for rebidding at auction. Because the freeze day is today and we do not know Martin's status that adds fuel to making the trade today.

I really do not think you can go wrong either way. Best of luck on what ever you decide.

Comment

Working...
                X