AL Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Trade

Just finished the auction, and one owner is sending out trade proposals.

AL 5x5, 10 teams, roster in sig.

Give: Longoria 30 Buehrle 3
    Get: Konerko 20 Peavy 16

I think it's close, and I could use another starter. Last year I was never able to find someone to replace Pineda. Peavy is a guy I wanted, and will boost my Ks. He could not buy a win last year though. Buehrle is probably a keeper at $3. I had both on my AFA team last year.

I think I should be looking to trade steals after 4-6 weeks, either for a starter or a bat.

Should I consider this?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I agree that it is close but would do it. Longoria > Konerko but Peavy >> Buehrle. The keeper factor is heavily discounted this early in the year (not like Buehrle is a spring chicken either).

Comment

No, in a keeper league, you're giving up a young stud who's got to stay healthy someday, for a 37 YO 1st baseman, and a soon to be 32 YO pitcher with a history of health issues. Buehrle isn't great, but he's damn near bulletproof. You can do much better than this if your actually going to move Longoria...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        No, in a keeper league, you're giving up a young stud who's got to stay healthy someday, for a 37 YO 1st baseman, and a soon to be 32 YO pitcher with a history of health issues. Buehrle isn't great, but he's damn near bulletproof. You can do much better than this if your actually going to move Longoria...
        agree. if Longo has a half-decent start you could do better around mid-season.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I would do it if you think you can win this year. Flags fly forever. I like a healthy Peavy alot better than Burhrle. Konerko is having a great spring had a good year last year. If he stays healthy and if Longoria stays healthy you might be giving up 4 or 5 hrs for the price of Peavy. But it is also possible that Konerko hits more.

It is a bit of a risk, but worth it if you are going for it.

Comment

I think in March everyone has to be going for it. Except maybe for the owner who spent $132 on pitching and $20 on his OF (Swisher was 16), or the guy who spent $42 on pitching (though he did this and won a few years ago).

That said, I think the difference between Longo and Konerko is bigger than the difference between Peavy and Buehrle. Konerko had a stretch last year where he was terrible. I also had him on my AFA team and I either benched or dropped him around August. Buerhle's K-rate isn't great but he will be facing 3rd and 4th starters with the Jays offense behind him while Peavy is matched up against aces.

Thanks to all for your thoughts.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
            X