Stashng a SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stashng a SS

Which of the 20 to 21 year old SS would you prefer long term: Story, Lindor or Quinn? Why?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Story, then Lindor, then Quinn for me, but I could see you flipping these entirely if you prefer speed prospects to power prospects who make better contact. I think Lindor is the best player in terms of real baseball, and is the surest thing to stay at SS for a long time, but Story has the best fantasy upside and a surer thing than Quinn to me, because he makes better hard contact. Quinn has crazy speed, and so has big upside too, but he carries the biggest risk as well. I play in a points league (although we do give 2 points per steal), so I'm biased against speed only guys, but if you are just a roto guy, I could see taking the risk on Quinn over Lindor and Story. Even if I was in roto though, I'd shy away from speedsters until I'm sure they'll make enough contact for their speed to mean anything. Visions of the next Billy Hamilton should be tempered by watching Dee Gordon at the plate.

BTW, if you want someone closer and under the radar compared to these bigger names, Brad Miller may be worth a shot. He is likely to beat Nick Franklin to the show, and can put up Seager numbers at SS, if he sticks there. I've watched some video on him. The dude can hit. But I've read reports that vary from him being just god awful at SS to maybe sticking there because of his bat.

He has a shot of getting the call this year if Ryan gets hurt or the Ms decide they want to sacrifice defense at SS to get more offensive production.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-17-2013, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Thanks SM. That is exactly the kind of analysis I was looking for.

Miller is definitely going on the watch list. You had it right; he was not yet on the radar. That being said,I am looking for someone that will play SS in the Show.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
      X