Board projection software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board projection software?

Is there a computer program available that allows you to post the auction information, including: players on teams, prices paid, players needed, money remaining, maximum allowable bid, for a 15 team league-which I can project on a wall thru a projector?

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
    Is there a computer program available that allows you to post the auction information, including: players on teams, prices paid, players needed, money remaining, maximum allowable bid, for a 15 team league-which I can project on a wall thru a projector?
    There is indeed. It is the inimitable, irreplaceable, invaluable Rotolab.

The funcionality is called "the Commissioner's Window" I believe and we've used it for two years now. It has saved us hours of preparation of each team's roster on big cardboard boards that we taped to the walls. It also saved the work of the auctioneer who would have to add the newly purchased players to the boards as the auction progressed.
    Daver

Comment

yep, rotolab has it and Rotowire's software has it on the "auction" tab but it's within a singular window rather than a separate one.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        yep, rotolab has it and Rotowire's software has it on the "auction" tab but it's within a singular window rather than a separate one.
        So, I'm a paying member of rotowire...is the software an extra expense?

ETA: Never mind, found it...looks like it'll be interesting.
        Last edited by Hornsby; 03-16-2013, 10:24 AM.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          So, I'm a paying member of rotowire...is the software an extra expense?

ETA: Never mind, found it...looks like it'll be interesting.
          it's free You'll have to log in to download the updates once the software is installed. I've used it 3 years running now and it does most everything I need. If you have suggestions, pass them onto me as the CEO loves to hear about them to pass them on to the developer.

Comment

I've got an Excel spreadsheet that does this, although it's currently set up for 12 team.

PM me & I can send it to you. It shouldn't be too difficult to set it up for your league specifics.

Comment

Seriously, subscribe to rotowire...it's an amazing value all year round. You can get a 10 day trial subscription, I'm sure Jason can give you the promo code. That way, you can try the projection software for free, and see if you wish to subscribe.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Thank you for all of the responses. I downloaded the free version of rotolab to look at it and it looks like it will do the trick. If I can get it thru rotowire (and pay for it with league money) it seems like the best way to go. Now that I know it is possible my next step is to to obtain a projector to display the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  Before I sign up for rotowire I just want to be clear what this statement means. Can I project the results of the auction on the wall/screen, as it happens, by itself without any other information or does it project other information as well.

Comment

Before I sign up for rotowire I just want to be clear what this statement means. Can I project the results of the auction on the wall/screen, as it happens, by itself without any other information or does it project other information as well.
                    no, that feature isn't in the software

Comment

Working...
                    X