X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor league pick...

I'm up in my AL 5x5 league...we are allowed to stash 5 on minor roster

My current minors are Olt, Bogaerts, Sano, TAustin, GSanchez

My question is would any of you drop Austin for Bubba Starling?

Don't think I would. Love the upside but he's so far away

Comment

Thanks, JC

One other question...with Olt, do you think it would be strategic to pick up Starling and move Olt to reserve? If he gets more than 150 ABs before Sept 1, I'll need to move him from the minor roster anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
        Thanks, JC

One other question...with Olt, do you think it would be strategic to pick up Starling and move Olt to reserve? If he gets more than 150 ABs before Sept 1, I'll need to move him from the minor roster anyway...
        I don't know who is available, but what about some of the Astros? Correa, Singleton, or Springer? I just see too many questions with Bubba's bat right now and would look for someone else if you want to activate Olt. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
          I don't know who is available, but what about some of the Astros? Correa, Singleton, or Springer? I just see too many questions with Bubba's bat right now and would look for someone else if you want to activate Olt. Good luck.
          What he said. I'd definitely rate Correa and Singleton ahead of Bubba. Not sure about Springer, but probably. Did you already have your auction? If so, then yes, you can go ahead and activate Olt, he'll be up at some point. But if not, I might be inclined to keep him free until after the auction.

Comment

Auction is done...but I found out I would probably not be able to just activate Olt to reserve since we have not had our reserve draft yet. As far as other options, Starling really is the "next best" available minor leaguer available. Lindor, Correja, Springer, Russel and TWalker were taken ahead of me. Singleton was drafted.

Thanks for the input...I think I'm just going to stand pat...It's still a great group of minor leaguers and Starling is probably 3 years away anyway and is by far a sure thing due to his SO rate.

Comment

Working...
            X