X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only trade help please.

5x5 ultra $260 budget.
    high inflation

I have been offered Wade Miley $11 and done and Mike Minor 5b can play out or give a year raise of $5 (which I would) for my $5 Chapman who needs a raise. I would give him a year if he is the closer and two years if he is a starter.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

I like Minor a lot but I'd keep Chapman.

Comment

Agreed, keep Chapman...I heard on the radio today that they still haven't decided what role Chapman is going to play this year, which to me, is a pretty good indication that he's going back to the 'pen to close. If they we're committed to him being a starter, that's what they'd say, and they wouldn't even entertain the possibility of jerking him around...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Agreed, keep Chapman...I heard on the radio today that they still haven't decided what role Chapman is going to play this year, which to me, is a pretty good indication that he's going back to the 'pen to close. If they we're committed to him being a starter, that's what they'd say, and they wouldn't even entertain the possibility of jerking him around...
        Do you like him better as closer for fantasy purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          No, because in my leagues, the top closers only cost about $20-22 while the higher end starting pitchers are $30+ and a few going into the $40's

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
            No, because in my leagues, the top closers only cost about $20-22 while the higher end starting pitchers are $30+ and a few going into the $40's
            I agree. When I traded for him I was expecting him to be a starter. In this case I will only give him a one year raise if he the closer. It is also why I posted this question. As a closer is it better to make the trade above?

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Then why drop all that money on Broxton?

Comment

Chapman is a better pitcher than Miley
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  Chapman is a better pitcher than Miley
                  I would be getting Miley and Minor for him.

Comment

Still go with Chapman. The potential is too great to forego.

Comment

Whatever you think about either Miley or Minor, even if you are high on both, Chapman is just too talented.

Comment

Thanks fellas. One more thing do you agree with the one year extension to 10 as a closer and two years to 15 if a starter?

Comment

i would do 2 yrs for chapman

Comment

I would do two years as well. There is a chance he starts, and even if he closes, he will be an elite closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Actually, yes, he's such a dominant guy, he's worth the money as a closer. He'll likely more than double the K's of any closer not named Kimbrel, and that just money in the bank in a 5x5 league. Extend him 2 years without hesitation.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X