Pick one minor leaguer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick one minor leaguer

Strictly for fantasy purposes -- keeper league - pls pick one from the following:

Kyle Crick (P - SF)
    Michael Wacha (P - STL)
    Austin Hedges (C - SD)
    Kyle*Crick (P - SF)
    0%
    Michael*Wacha (P - STL)
    0%
    Austin*Hedges (C - SD)
    0%

The poll is expired.

Several rankings have Hedges very high but so much of that is current defense value + potential OK offense. Given his park, I have a hard time seeing him as an impact bat so I'll have to go for the highest ceiling arm of the 2 pitchers which is Wacha.

Comment

Yeah, it's clearly Wacha for fantasy.

Comment

I have to agree, Hedges is the only competition and with a catcher in an organization with Grandal and the inherent dangers there.....

Comment

I should add that unlike BT, my Wacha preference is not ceiling related, it is floor related. Crick has a lot of upside. I like him a lot. Wacha is just the safer/better play right now because he is further along and closer to the majors. But if you want to swing for the fences and gamle, Crick has big upside, and I like SFs system for developing arms. I know that seems like I'm contradiciting myself, but I'd still take Wacha first right now. Just saying Crick has the potential to be a blue chipper this time next year.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-13-2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm going with the majority (Wacha).

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I should add that unlike BT, my Wacha preference is not ceiling related, it is floor related. Crick has a lot of upside. I like him a lot. Wacha is just the safer/better play right now because he is further along and closer to the majors. But if you want to swing for the fences and gamle, Crick has big upside, and I like SFs system for developing arms. I know that seems like I'm contradiciting myself, but I'd still take Wacha first right now. Just saying Crick has the potential to be a blue chipper this time next year.
              Fair points. Agree that both players have very high ceilings and would personally welcome either prospect on one of my teams. If this were an NL league I might even lean Crick since at some point St Louis will have too many MLB-ready SPs and I'd expect some to be traded (e.g. Miller, Rosenthal, Wacha, Martinez) or shifted to the pen. In my NL, if they get traded to the AL you lose the player with no compensation and I've been burned by this in the past.

Comment

Working...
              X