Keeper Help...Please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Help...Please!!

12-13 team (not sure yet), 5x5...I can keep 5 players...Please advise...Rollins 10, M Holliday 27, Kinsler 26, Darvish 16, Shields 2, Latos 18, Utley 6, Hardy 1, Jennings 3, Adam Jones 15, Au. Jackson 3, A Gordon 1, Headley 4, Encarnacion 1, Weiters 8, Hamels 32...Thanks in advance

Encarnacion, Gordon, Headley, Austin Jackson, Rollins. If for some reason you don't want to keep five hitters, Shields is a decent choice.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Maybe MoonlightJ or another fellow in the know on exactly how Shields' move will help or hurt him (I know his numbers in his Kaufman are not good, but I don't think that means much), but I think I'd make room for him. I'd go Encarnacion, Gordon, Headley, Rollins, Shields. I like Jackson too, but I'd want to keep a pitcher, and Shields should be a stud, unless there was magic for him in Tampa (stadium has played like a pitchers park for some reason, and their defense is a lot better than KC's, so maybe that amounts to more than the move from the AL East?).

BTW, even in a 12 team league, you have a ton of value there--you struck gold with a lot of these cheap guys.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-13-2013, 09:09 PM. Reason: Changed NL to AL East

Comment

This biggest impact for Shields with the Rays vs Shields for the Royals is that the Rays are a team who actually makes defensive shifts on every single batter and sometimes shift within individual counts based on their scouting reports. This isn't something that the Royals do (or at least they've never done it in the past) and rather they only use shifts situationally. How much of an effect is that going to have on Shields is anyone's guess.

Another thing that I found really telling is a comment I heard from Wil Myers who said the difference between the Royals and the Rays was night and day. The Rays were a very laid back and fun camp environment whereas the Royals was more stressful and uptight. Shields is going to have adjustments playing in a new place and while I still think he'll be very good I wouldn't be surprised to see his numbers take a bit of a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Maybe MoonlightJ or another fellow in the know on exactly how Shields' move will help or hurt him (I know his numbers in his Kaufman are not good, but I don't think that means much), but I think I'd make room for him. I'd go Encarnacion, Gordon, Headley, Rollins, Shields. I like Jackson too, but I'd want to keep a pitcher, and Shields should be a stud, unless there was magic for him in Tampa (stadium has played like a pitchers park for some reason, and their defense is a lot better than KC's, so maybe that amounts to more than the move to the NL?).

BTW, even in a 12 team league, you have a ton of value there--you struck gold with a lot of these cheap guys.
          yeah, TB's defense is a ton better (including the strategy with shifts), and he didn't move to the NL. But with all that, Shields is probably a good deal better than his $2 salary, I just think there's more variance there than with the hitters.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Encarnacion 1
            Headley 4
            Rollins 10
            Au. Jackson 3
            A Gordon 1

I'd go with these 5 as well. Spend the money you saved on hitting on a pitcher with less risk. Good points about Shields.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Shields is staying in the AL, but it seems like a weaker division. Or maybe it is KC that makes it seem like a weaker division.

I love Shields, but I'd keep the hitters. But jeez, it seems like you could package a couple of guys and get an uber-keeper. Or is everyone else this loaded?

Comment

Sorry...brain fart with the NL comment...I meant moving away from the AL East.

Comment

Originally posted by urch420 View Post
                  12-13 team (not sure yet), 5x5...I can keep 5 players...Please advise...Rollins 10, M Holliday 27, Kinsler 26, Darvish 16, Shields 2, Latos 18, Utley 6, Hardy 1, Jennings 3, Adam Jones 15, Au. Jackson 3, A Gordon 1, Headley 4, Encarnacion 1, Weiters 8, Hamels 32...Thanks in advance
                  Austin Jackson 3, Alex Gordon 1, Chase Headley 4, Edwin Encanacion 1, James Shields 2

Comment

Why is everyone so infatuated with Rollins at 10? I'd go Jackson, Gordon, Headley, Encarnacion, and Shields myself. He might have loved his home park and defensive shifts, but going to the AL Central is a nice perk.

Comment

Working...
                    X