Boesch released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boesch released

Calling Mr. Cashman...the Tigers have released Brennan Boesch.

Seems there are a few teams that might be able to use him. The Marlins, the Yankees, the Red Sox and Mets for a few.

Comment

this is surprising, no? Does this mean Avisail Garcia has made the team? Quentin Berry?

Comment

I immediately thought of the Marlins too, but that would make too much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          this is surprising, no? Does this mean Avisail Garcia has made the team? Quentin Berry?
          MLB Depth Charts has Quentin Berry, but it certainly increases Garcia's chances of making the team.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Rotoworld:
            CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees have signed Brennan Boesch.
            He'll receive $1.5 million on a major league deal. It was a logical fit from the moment Boesch was released by the Tigers earlier this week. He figures to get playing time in left field, which frees up Juan Rivera to platoon at first base if the Yankees can't find better options. The 27-year-old batted just .240/.286/.372 with 12 home runs and a .659 OPS in 132 games last season.
            Another lefty who can feast on Yankee stadium...gotta love this for Boesch's value.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Another lefty who can feast on Yankee stadium...gotta love this for Boesch's value.
              I dunno, Granderson is due to return mid-May; when he does Boesch might have trouble getting ABs. As a lefty he'll have to compete with Hafner for ABs at DH (I know, it's Pronk, he'll spend half the season on the DL ...) still, it's not a done deal to me that his value increases with this move.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                I immediately thought of the Marlins too, but that would make too much sense.
                I immediately thought of the Yankees, not because it made sense, but because he fits the pattern of their recent player moves. As a stopgap til Granderson returns, he is not overpriced by Yankee standards.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                X