Which National League Outfield Studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which National League Outfield Studs

NL-only auction, standard 5x5 categories.

If you were going to spend money on one or two outfield studs (and by that I mean $25 or more) who would it be and why? (dollar amount is what I'm guessing they'll go for, but I'm not an NL guy so I'm not really sure.)

Ryan Braun $45
    Matt Kemp $40
    Carlos Gonzalez $38
    Andrew McCutcheon $35
    Giancarlo Stanton $30
    Bryce Harper $28
    Matt Holiday $27
    Justin Upton $26
    Craig Allen $25
    Martin Prado $25

Anyone else fall in this category? Are these values about right for a 12-team league of mostly industry types?

Assuming this is a non-keeper or new keeper league, those prices look about right. J-Up probably goes closer to $30. Prado qualifies at 3B in most leagues and I'd prefer him there. It's Allen Craig, not Craig Allen, BTW

At or near those prices, I want most of them, but I'd favor Braun or Kemp or Holliday or Harper. I'm avoiding Giancarlo and probably Cutch. I love Prado in AZ but I'm not sure I could chase him that high.

Comment

I'd also add Jason Heyward to that list. $25-$27

Comment

Notes:

His name is Allen Craig, not Craig Allen.
        You can probably get realistic-ish prices from the LABR NL results, if nothing else: http://www.rtsports.com/labr-nl-auction
        note that the prices are actually a lot more compressed, but that's surprising to me: Braun 40, Kemp 36, Stanton 36, Harper 35, Upton 35, Gonzalez 35, Cutch 34, Craig 26, Holliday 26, Prado 22

Heyward was 31, BJ Upton was 28.

It's possible that Braun's price was depressed due to the PED rumors; I've forgotten when this draft was held compared to when people thought he might get in trouble again.

At those prices I would probably go for Braun if he actually was in the same price bracket as the others and McCutchen.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

HQ has these prices in parentheses for an NL 12-team with average inflation (so these are a little high if it's non-keeper for you):

Ryan Braun $45 (53)
          Matt Kemp $40 (45)
          Carlos Gonzalez $38 (42)
          Andrew McCutcheon $35 (40)
          Giancarlo Stanton $30 (32)
          Bryce Harper $28 (30)
          Matt Holiday $27 (30)
          Justin Upton $26 (29)
          Craig Allen $25 (27)
          Martin Prado $25 (27)

wait, your prices ARE HQ uninflated, aren't they!

HQ then has a weird 27 for Pierre, same for BJ Upton, then Pagan and Bruce 25, with 24 to Choo, Heyward, Gomez

I am keeping J Upton for 30 unless he gets hurt.
          Even if your league is non-keeper, I suspect the 'inflated numbers' are a little closer to actual buys...
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Jay Bruce and BJ Upton are probably in the $25-$28 range too.

The next tier below that has some interesting names like Norichika Aoki, Adam Eaton, Shin-Soo Choo, Carlos Gomez, etc

Comment

Those prices for McCutchen and Stanton seem low to me. I would pounce if the bidding stopped there.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Hell yes. I'd kill for a $30 Stanton.

Frankly, JC's initial post baffles me a little.
                123 games, .290-37-86-75r-6sb
                150 games, .262-34-87-79r-5sb

Which of those seasons is worth more than $30? I love Giancarlo, but his knee scares me a little bit, and in a highly competitive league I am not paying for more than 140-145 games just because he has upside if he can actually play 155 games.

For $30-$32 I'd rather have Cutch, even though we don't really know what we'll get from him, because at least he's durable and you can probably bank on 25-25 and a possibly helpful AVG. But I don't love chasing Cutch to $35+ either.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                  NL-only auction, standard 5x5 categories.

If you were going to spend money on one or two outfield studs (and by that I mean $25 or more) who would it be and why? (dollar amount is what I'm guessing they'll go for, but I'm not an NL guy so I'm not really sure.)

Ryan Braun $45
                  Matt Kemp $40
                  Carlos Gonzalez $38
                  Andrew McCutcheon $35
                  Giancarlo Stanton $30
                  Bryce Harper $28
                  Matt Holiday $27
                  Justin Upton $26
                  Craig Allen $25
                  Martin Prado $25

Anyone else fall in this category? Are these values about right for a 12-team league of mostly industry types?
                  You might try checking out the sites of the various owners. Look for drafts they have already posted about or maybe they have their rankings and prices on the site. Check out fantasypros.com they have a lot of industry ADP and auction prices.

Comment

Re Giancarlo...... playing on a crap team with a crap lineup probably hurts him this year. Park doesn't help either.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                      You might try checking out the sites of the various owners. Look for drafts they have already posted about or maybe they have their rankings and prices on the site. Check out fantasypros.com they have a lot of industry ADP and auction prices.
                      Excellent idea.

It's obvious I need help in the NL, since I don't know the difference between Allen Craig and Craig Allen. I think the one who doesn't play for the Cardinals is a real estate agent here in town.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        Re Giancarlo...... playing on a crap team with a crap lineup probably hurts him this year. Park doesn't help either.
                        This is my reasoning as well. For a guy with fairly poor strike zone judgement, being pitched around is rarely a good thing unless you're Matt "finally getting it" Kemp in 2011. I like Cutch for his all-around game and room for improvement (even if last year was pretty great). Holliday's a pretty safe bet as well but I wouldn't go that high on Prado.

Comment

I would include Bruce with these guys. Went for $30 in LABR and I would say that's fair. Great lineup around him and stays healthy. I too like Cutch this year. The NL outfield depth just isn't there this year. I really believe getting one of these top guys is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                            I'm not an NL guy

Giancarlo Stanton $30

If some "I'm more clever than you" owner says "Mike Stanton", that is the same guy as Giancarlo Stanton, who changed his name a couple years ago from Mike to Giancarlo.

Comment

Working...
                            X