AL 5x5 Keeper List Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL 5x5 Keeper List Help

If you're into these things... 10 teams, can keep 8, usually see 30%ish inflation. Not a pretty list. I see three tiers:

Encarnacion $10
    Wil Myers $5

Fister $4
    Rodney $18
    Iwakuma $8
    Holland $10
    de Aza $19
    Iannetta $8

Hardy $12
    Ellsbury $33
    Scherzer $21
    Swisher $17

I'd toss Iannetta for sure. I like all your guys in Tier3 better than him. I'm wondering about tossing ADA too. I don't see a ton of profit at $19. Can you trade Wil Myers for some kind of farm player or pick to someone who is a True Believer? Assuming not, I'd go:

1 Encarnacion $10
    2 Wil Myers $5
    3 Fister $4
    4 Rodney $18
    5 Holland $10
    6 Scherzer $21
    7 Swisher $17

8 pick 'em between Hardy $12 / Iwakuma $8 (personally I'd lean Hardy, AL SS isn't great)

Doesn't leave you with much speed, but at least you know ADA and Ellsbury will be back at auction.

Comment

some tight decisions here.

deAza at 19 is on the bubble for me
      Iannetta at 8 - no
      Hardy at 12 - probably a keeper for me
      Ellsbury - no
      Scherzer - close - assuming your league is 5x5 with Ks, he might bump Iwakuma out, or deAza
      Swisher - probably no
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I'd toss Iannetta for sure. I like all your guys in Tier3 better than him. I'm wondering about tossing ADA too. I don't see a ton of profit at $19. Can you trade Wil Myers for some kind of farm player or pick to someone who is a True Believer? Assuming not, I'd go:

1 Encarnacion $10
        2 Wil Myers $5
        3 Fister $4
        4 Rodney $18
        5 Holland $10
        6 Scherzer $21
        7 Swisher $17

8 pick 'em between Hardy $12 / Iwakuma $8 (personally I'd lean Hardy, AL SS isn't great)

Doesn't leave you with much speed, but at least you know ADA and Ellsbury will be back at auction.
        I agree with this list, except I would throw back Myers and keep both Hardy and Iwakuma, since Myers is starting the year in the minors. You can always try to get Myers back in the auction, for probably not too much more. Another option is to trade/throw back Rodney if you believe regression is a coming.

Comment

I agree with joncarlos and I would make the 8th Hardy.

Comment

Working...
          X