Opinions on trade for Greinke..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on trade for Greinke..

11 team...5x5... mixed...$300 draft budget..regular cats and positions...

I deal Rajah Davis ($6) and Axford ($1)

FOR

Greinke ($11)

Thoughts??

Thanks.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Is this a pre-draft trade? Who else would you keep since you're doing a 2-for-1?

Davis could steal 50 but has zero power. Axford is a solid mid-level closer. But in a really shallow league you can replace those things. Even missing a couple weeks, Greinke is still elite. And in a shallow league you need elite. So I would lean towards doing it.

Comment

Absolutely. Even with Greinke missing his first 2-3 starts.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Agreed with the other guys. Grienke is the way to go here. I may be swayed the other way if Davis/Axford could be kept for a few years longer but even still, they are more easily replaceable than Grienke.

Comment

Thanks guys. Other owner has mentioned Je. Weaver as tradeable too. Weaver would be $14. Who would you prefer Greinke or Weaver?

I didn't have the time to post much more last night.

Davis can be kept in 2012 for $11

Axford can be kept in 2012 for $6 and 2013 for $11

Greinke can be kept in 2012 for $16.

My team right now is this: keepers(4) in Bold. So if i make the deal I will need 3 more keepers. Leaning towards Torres, Br. Wilson and Beltre. So i would have my 8 keepers for $65.

C - John Buck $1
          1B - Paul Konerko $3
          1B - Adam LaRoche $7
          1B-OF - Adam Dunn $27
          2B - Brandon Phillips $30
          2B - Danny Espinosa $1
          3B - Adrian Beltre $12
          3B - Edwin Encarnacion $1
          2B-SS - Marco Scutaro $1
          OF - Rajai Davis $6 *
          OF - Ichiro Suzuki $31
          OF - Vladimir Guerrero $15
          OF - Colby Rasmus $7
          OF - Andres Torres $1
          SP - Ryan Dempster $13
          SP - Chris Carpenter $11 * *
          SP - Anibal Sanchez $1
          SP - Dallas Braden $1
          SP - Mike Pelfrey $1
          SP-RP - Colby Lewis $1
          RP - Brian Wilson $19 * *
          RP - Rafael Soriano $6 *
          RP - Hong-Chih Kuo $1
          RP - John Axford $1
          RP - Joaquin Benoit $1
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'd probably take Weaver. Both are similar in that they have one year of greatness and a pretty well established floor that will still help you. I think it's worth the $3. And I think I agree with Wilson, Beltre, Torres for your other keepers.

Comment

I agree with JC on this one.

Comment

Yeah, i'd make the trade. Cliff Lee missed his first few starts for me last year, but still provided plenty of value after that. I would expect Greinke to provide similar value in 2011. Although Weaver will probably get you an extra 50 K's so i'd go with Weaver over Greinke. Neither one is a bad option.

Also agree with Beltre and Wilson as keepers. Wilson at $19 is probably around ten bucks less than what he would go for in the draft as proven closers always go for a premium in our league.

Not completely sold on Torres though you can't go wrong for $1. At 33 years old, he may have peaked last season.

If i was going to gamble on anyone for a buck it would be Pelfrey. He only had one bad month last year. And at age 27 he could be turning the corner. He's also thrown 200, 184, & 204 innings the last three years with no major arm problems which would seem to make him low risk injury-wise.

If you are looking for a sure thing, you can always keep Dunn at $27. That's probably still a savings of $5-10 and as close to guaranteed production (40 hr, 100 rbi) as you can get.
                Last edited by madducks; 03-10-2011, 01:54 PM. Reason: add Weaver
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Even as a Brewer homer, I'd take Weaver. But I think that gives you five keepers - Konerko, Rasmus, Carpenter, Lewis, and Weaver/Greinke. I'd keep Beltre and then Dunn. And if you can keep one more past that, Torres for a buck.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Weaver not available. Has to be Greinke.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Yeah, i'd make the trade. Cliff Lee missed his first few starts for me last year, but still provided plenty of value after that. I would expect Greinke to provide similar value in 2011. Although Weaver will probably get you an extra 50 K's so i'd go with Weaver over Greinke. Neither one is a bad option.

Also agree with Beltre and Wilson as keepers. Wilson at $19 is probably around ten bucks less than what he would go for in the draft as proven closers always go for a premium in our league.

Not completely sold on Torres though you can't go wrong for $1. At 33 years old, he may have peaked last season.

If i was going to gamble on anyone for a buck it would be Pelfrey. He only had one bad month last year. And at age 27 he could be turning the corner. He's also thrown 200, 184, & 204 innings the last three years with no major arm problems which would seem to make him low risk injury-wise.

If you are looking for a sure thing, you can always keep Dunn at $27. That's probably still a savings of $5-10 and as close to guaranteed production (40 hr, 100 rbi) as you can get.
                      But for all those innings Pelfrey gives you, you get a crappy WHIP with very low K's. No thanks. I'd keep Sanchez before Pelfrey.

Comment

Working...
                      X