NL-only 4x4 Keeper League: "Bubble" players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-only 4x4 Keeper League: "Bubble" players

NL-only 4x4 Keeper League (12 team), about 20-25% inflation. Here are my players "on the bubble". Which would you keep?
    Kirk Nieuwenhuis $1-s2
    0%
    Mike Baxter $4-s2
    0%
    Jacob Turner $3-s2
    0%
    Trevor Rosenthal $3-s2
    0%
    Mark Rogers $1-s2
    0%
    Throw them all back
    0%

The poll is expired.

Rosenthal $3 is the most tempting, but I'd throw him back and try to buy him again, as, post-auction, I'd rather have Rosenthal $6 -2 than Rosenthal $3 -1. Definitely is a gamble that you'd be able to buy him again.

Comment

I like all of these guys except Baxter. I surely would not keep all three of those pitchers, but I think they'll all go for considerably (3x) more at draft. Nieuwenhius is perfect for a $1 5th OF. Hell, with simply mediocre play, he has a chance to get 500 ABs with that team. That's A LOT of ABs in a league that deep for $1. I like Rosenthal the best, but he has role-issues and will likely be worth a good MR and some keeper value for 2014. St. Louis typically does not jerk pitchers around TOO much and so if they are saying now that he will be in pen for 2013, then he's not even their #6, #7, or #8 starter, in their minds. Turner has some nice upside and they'll likely give him plenty of starts to work out the kinks. People will pay more than $3 for a starter with his upside and a leash that long. Rogers is a flier. I like him for a buck, but no more.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, and to those who voted. This was a good sanity check.

Comment

I pretty much agree with Dane right down the line.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
          X