HDID -- Offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID -- Offense

This is a local league I am in that is points-based. It's a long-standing league with no pitching. Weird, I know but you get $300 for hitters and it's really fun.

single - 1pt
    double- 2pts
    triple - 3pts
    HR - 3pts
    RBI - 3pts
    Runs - 3pts
    SBs - 2pts

C - Mike Napoli
    1B - Edwin Encarnacion
    2B - Martin Prado
    SS - Jose Reyes
    3B - Evan Longoria
    OF - Matt Holliday
    OF - Josh Willingham
    OF - Shane Victorino
    UTIL - Paul Goldschmidt

DL - Corey Hart
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

man I have no idea how to parse that. Those all seem like good hitters? Is there no bench? Hart seems like no particular improvement on any of the guys he'd replace, which makes me think someone's salary would have been better off as a dollar days guy, but who knows.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      man I have no idea how to parse that. Those all seem like good hitters? Is there no bench? Hart seems like no particular improvement on any of the guys he'd replace, which makes me think someone's salary would have been better off as a dollar days guy, but who knows.
      Yeah i don't know why I bother putting this up on RJ. It's hard to understand if you are not in the league. I have a bench of scrubs but I like to rotate through because it's a daily league. Power is where it's at and I have that but what I don't like is I took on a lot more risk than I normally would do to serious inflation on more stable assets this year. Either it was a shift in philosophy from my leaguemates and I will need to re-calibrate on that moving forward or it was a one year abberation. Thanks for the response though.

Smash and mash and sprinkle in some high BA guys and you should be competitive in this league.

Comment

How many teams are in this league?

Goldy seems a little undervalued because it's not roto. So does Reyes, but he has XBH. Seems like a premium on good lineup spots. I'm really down on Victorino, but other than that I like it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          How many teams are in this league?

Goldy seems a little undervalued because it's not roto. So does Reyes, but he has XBH. Seems like a premium on good lineup spots. I'm really down on Victorino, but other than that I like it a lot.
          12 teams. Victorino I didn't want but I got him for $4. I don't usually post the prices because it turns people's heads sideways but here they are:

C - Mike Napoli - $25
          1B - Edwin Encarnacion - $50
          2B - Martin Prado - $22
          SS - Jose Reyes - $55
          3B - Evan Longoria - $61
          OF - Matt Holliday - $61
          OF - Josh Willingham - $1 (keeper)
          OF - Shane Victorino - $4
          UTIL - Paul Goldschmidt - $11 (keeper)

Again, $300 only on hitters. For reference, Miggy went for $95, Kemp went for $92, Pujols and Votto both were $90, Cano went for $90, Braun went for $89, and Joey Bats for $86. I'm not comfortable with those kind of prices and it kind of lead me to more risk (Longoria health, EE inconsistency, Reyes health and inconsistency)

I still like it better then taking two $80+ players and then trying to roll out with scrubs elsewhere. There is a lot of activity in this league so my team will surely be different over the long haul. I really targeted high skills and guys with high RC/G.

Comment

Working...
          X