Keeper Advice Please and Thank You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnie View Post
    Sour, our league is an NL league that is experimenting this year with adding a max of 3 AL players. We can only keep 12 NL players plus 3 NL minor leaguers from season to season.

But thank you all for your advice. Now keeping Kenley over Logan Morrison for sure. So, I pay back by offering my opinions on other threads, right?

Still undecided about which minor leaguer to throw back; Brett Jackson or Matt Adams. There seems to be a split opinion regarding those two. Another possibility is to throw back Carlos Martinez and keep the three hitters. Maybe I'll start a new thread for that decision.

Sorry that I missed the NL only part. I'll defer to those who know better about Adams over Jackson. I get it as almost everyone has soured on Jackson, and a 4 tool prospect without the hit tool is not really much of a prospect. Still, it is tantalizing to hold on just a little longer to see, one last time, if his new approach amounts to more hard contact. Is it likely? No. But just the possibility, with his other skills is worth a gamble to me. But then again, if you want to gamble on him, I bet you could get him back as a reserve pick pretty darn late in your draft. I wouldn't cut Martinez for him though.

Comment

So, I can keep three of these guys. It's down to either Matt Adams, who appears to have a bench spot on the Cards, or Brett Jackson, who looks to start at AAA. If Adams starts in the bigs, I'll have to pull him off my minors list and onto my 5 player reserve/bench list.

Thoughts were split earlier in this thread, but Adams getting a bench seat on the Cards tips it toward Jackson. Right?

1-Minors Oscar Tavares
      2-Minors Brett Jackson
      3-Minors Carlos Martinez (StL P)
      4-Minors Matt Adams

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      you probably don't need a new thread - just ask that one here

"So, I pay back by offering my opinions on other threads, right?"

that's the ticket!

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Jackson's a lot of things, but boring isn't one of them. If he gets his swing straightened out, he's a legit 10/20 or better guy...and he's likely to have a much clearer path to the bigs and playing time than Adams does. Sveum really seems to like him, and so far this spring he's hitting OK, and he's really only got DeJesus standing in his way.
        As a Cubs fan I hope you are correct.

I do not think Jackson will ever be anything special and would keep Adams over Jackson.

Comment

Working...
        X