Nl only prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nl only prospects

14 team NL only. I have first overall pick in the minor league draft. When they get called up with have them for 3 years at $5. If they don't get called up, we can keep them forever. I'm not concerned with team need, just want the most value. I think I gotta go Jose Fernandez no?

The best guys that aren't kept are below:

Travis d'Arnaud: NYM, C
    Jose Fernandez: MIA, P
    Jorge Solar: CUBS, OF
    Trevor Rosenthal, STL, P
    Kolten Wong, STL, 2B
    Alen Hanson, PIT, SS

Rosenthal will be in the bullpen this year and pitched in the majors last year so I'm guessing he'll end up going in your actual auction.

I'd rank them as:
    Jose Fernandez
    Travis d'Arnaud
    Jorge Solar
    Kolten Wong
    Alen Hanson

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      Rosenthal will be in the bullpen this year and pitched in the majors last year so I'm guessing he'll end up going in your actual auction.

I'd rank them as:
      Jose Fernandez
      Travis d'Arnaud
      Jorge Solar
      Kolten Wong
      Alen Hanson
      You are correct sir about Rosenthal. I have them ranked the exact same order so that should confirm it.

Comment

ETA on Fernandez?

Comment

In Baseball America's player write up they think he could be in Miami's rotation by midseason this year.

Comment

I'd rank them as:
            Travis d'Arnaud - especially in two catcher leagues -- and he should help this year.
            Jose Fernandez - I'm downgrading all Miami players because who knows how long he'll be on their roster when he gets called up.
            Jorge Solar
            Kolten Wong
            Alen Hanson

Comment

How can you draft a pitcher first in Roto unless it's a Strasburg type? Go D'Arnaud, Solar, Wong, Henson, J Fernandez

Comment

Consider Yasiel Puig Too

Add him and Gregory Polanco to your list

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  ETA on Fernandez?
                  Why would the Marlins bring him up? They aren't trying to win this year. I wouldn't expect him to be called up till late in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                    I'd rank them as:
                    Travis d'Arnaud - especially in two catcher leagues -- and he should help this year.
                    I like d'Arnaud but he's had a really difficult time staying healthy which is why I bump him down below Fernandez. They are both Top 10 prospects though.

Originally posted by rotogod
                    How can you draft a pitcher first in Roto unless it's a Strasburg type? Go D'Arnaud, Solar, Wong, Henson, J Fernandez
                    Because nothing is that cut and dry? Soler is a great prospect and if he reaches his ceiling he'll be a superstar, but he's VERY green and there are far more stories of those guys not making it than the ones who do. Wong is decent, but has no where near the upside of Fernandez and Henson will likely be a utility guy or at best a lower tier SS.

It's important to remember that these guys are prospects. For ever Stanton that makes it there are 15 Dallas McPherson's and Joel Guzman's who didn't. Blindly taking a hitter over a batter unless it's a once in a generation talent is pretty short sighted.

Comment

I'd go Soler and try to get Rosenthal cheap at auction if it's a keeper league...I've seen little video of Fernandez, though I am intrigued. I just figure he and D'Arnaud, as a catcher, are at least as big a risk...

Comment

Originally posted by R.Milos View Post
                        The best guys that aren't kept are below:

Travis d'Arnaud: NYM, C
                        Jose Fernandez: MIA, P
                        Jorge Solar: CUBS, OF
                        Trevor Rosenthal, STL, P
                        Kolten Wong, STL, 2B
                        Alen Hanson, PIT, SS
                        We have a similar list of available players available in our league (less Wong). Ours is 4x4 2 catcher, ithink you have them in the order I would take them.

Comment

Fernandez is Cuban, they will call him up to sell tickets. Unless you project a need for pitching, I'd take D'Arnaud and Wong before him, however. The Cards may find themselves needing hitting at some point this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X