Chris Johnson 2k11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Johnson 2k11

So what are the pen's thoughts on Chris Johnson? He's not a super high-demand guy, but several sources have him as a fairly decent breakout guy or as a guy who should establish himself this year.

Is he good for .300+BA and 18-20HRs? Projected 6th in the lineup with Bill Hall or an as unnamed catcher for protection.

Outside of BA, does he outperform guys like Uribe in NL-only?

What do you think his value is for a 12-team NL 5x5 auction league?
    -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

His success last year was very BABIP driven so everyone is projecting some massive regression. I tend to agree with those people - it's rare for guys to come out of the minors at age 26 and hit .300, it's rare for guys to post .387 BABIPs and it's rare for guys with a BB/K rate of 0.16 to succeed at much of anything. For all 3 to come together is pretty impressive. The 24% LD rate says that he could be a good hitter, but I still don't think he's that good.

2010: 362 PA, 308/337/481, 11 HR, 40 R, 52 RBI, 3 steals.
    Skills: 4.1% walk rate, 26.7% K rate, .387 BABIP, 1.19 G/F, 24% LD rate, 12.5% HR/FB

Bill James is projecting .287-18-71. The fangraphs fans are projecting .273-15-59. If you get the fans' projection you should be pretty happy. That might come with an OBP around .300 that would cause a lot of teams to bench him... luckily the Astros aren't one of those teams.

Comment

Working...
    X