2k13: Tommy John recovery guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k13: Tommy John recovery guys

Seems like we have a long list this year. Which ones do you like for a buck or 2 as a speculative play for 2014? Anyone I missed? TJ guys are usually back in a year and if they come back mid-season, they're usually pretty solid the following year. Usually, not always.

Brandon Beachy SP ATL TJ 6/21/12
    Cory Luebke SP SDP TJ 5/23/12
    Daniel Hudson SP ARI TJ 7/9/12
    Colby Lewis SP TEX TJ 7/27/12
    Felipe Paulino SP KCR TJ July 3
    Kyle Gibson SP MIN (not sure of date)
    Neftali Feliz SP/RP TEX (not sure of date)
    Scott Baker SP CHC TJ around 4/17/2012
    Danny Duffy SP KCR TJ June 13
    Joe Wieland SP SDP TJ 7/27/12
    Kyle Drabek SP TOR TJ 6/19/12
    Mike Pelfrey SP MIN TJ 5/1/12
    Tsuyoshi Wada SP BAL TJ april 2012

(I've also got Cashner - thumb, Stauffer - Shoulder, Narveson - shoulder, Swarzak - ribs, Mike adams - thoracic outlet, but I dunno what to make of those guys).
    Last edited by joncarlos; 03-07-2013, 12:38 PM.

Luebke and Beachy are the two most obvious ones that will be worth the risk if you can get them cheap.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I think Paulino and Gibson are the 2 most interesting guys for me. I still remember when Adam Wainwright went for crazy high prices even though he was out for the whole year ($13 in PONY) so Luebke/Beachy will probably suffer the same fate in a lot of leagues.

Comment

Scott Baker around 4/17/2012
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          I think Paulino and Gibson are the 2 most interesting guys for me. I still remember when Adam Wainwright went for crazy high prices even though he was out for the whole year ($13 in PONY) so Luebke/Beachy will probably suffer the same fate in a lot of leagues.
          Yeah, I don't see either of those guys going for too large a bargain in keeper leagues (especially NL Only) as there is almost always 1 or 2 owners playing with an eye to the following season. Not to mention the astute owner who picks them up with the intention to sell them in a dump trade later in the season.

Comment

Don't forget Feliz.

Comment

thanks for the updates on the guys I missed. I added them to the first post. I also put the first post roughly in order of how much I like each guy.

Comment

He's not a pitcher, but add Rafael Furcal to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                  And Carl Crawford.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

John Lackey 11/1/2011

Comment

Mike Adams has looked really good so far for the Phils. If you're looking for holds or a solid middle reliever, he should be a target.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                        Scott Baker around 4/17/2012
                        Baker's been shut down for at least a month as of today, meaning he's gone until at least May, but more likely Memorial Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                          Drafted him on Friday in reserve draft, one thing to remember for NL guys he is a FA at end of the season.

Comment

This is probably splitting hairs, but I thought Colby Lewis was a tendon not ligament (TJ). Makes a difference as he is on track for late May / early June.

Comment

man I should have reviewed this thread before yesterday. I totally forgot about Feliz and Hudson and they were faab'd for $1 last night in my keeper.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                              X