Votto for Kennedy and Arenado?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Votto.

And this coming from an Arenado fan. I've seen him play on a number of occasions and he is the real deal. Barring disastrous injury, he won't be up to start the season, and if he struggles in AAA and Nelson shines at 3B, we may not see him until a cup of coffee when rosters expand.

If you can contend now, get the guy for NOW and that is Votto.

Comment

It's a done deal, so of course Arenado will become the next great 3bman in short order--snap him up everyone! I have a long track record of trading future superstars.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        It's a done deal, so of course Arenado will become the next great 3bman in short order--snap him up everyone! I have a long track record of trading future superstars.
        Well, yeah, but don't be sour. (yes, I did that) You are trading future for now, and if you get a title and Arenado is an All-Star in 2014 and 2015, it was a fair deal.

Comment

You are right, but in a h2h points league, there are no guarantees. It wouldn't be the first time I fielded the best team only to go down to an inferior team in the playoffs. In fact, two years ago, I traded Harper and Trout, ended up with by far the highest scoring team in the league, but two of the key guys I traded for in the Harper/Trout deal went down the Monday of my semifinals. I got a combined two points form them that week. And I know, this is why it is best to avoid h2h.

But my team is pretty stacked right now. I'm certainly the favorite heading in the the auction, and that is all you can try to do right? My 15 keepers in this 14 team, 30 man roster league are

Mike Napoli
          Joey Votto
          Dustin Pedroia
          Ian Desmond
          Adrian Beltre
          Emilio Bonifacio
          Brett Lawrie
          Ryan Braun
          Matt Kemp
          Jay Bruce
          Clayton Kershaw
          Matt Moore
          Anibal Sanchez
          Rafael Soriano
          Jon Axford

And I have an offer of a $12 Alex Rios for Bonifacio $7 and Archie Bradley that I'll probably pull the trigger on, because why not? I'm all in for this year. Everyone but Moore, Lawrie, and maybe Axford if I extend him will be expiring on me after this year. That scares me long term, as I've never not had a good keeper list, but I guess I'll worry about that next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            And I know, this is why it is best to avoid h2h.
            Repeat.

(Great keepers though)

Comment

Working...
            X