X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Only Keeper Last Keeper Question

Rizzo $10 or
    Marte $1

Either could be kept for this year and next. 12 team NL Only $260 6x6 (add SLG and sub OBP for AVG)

Thanks for your thoughts!

Rizzo.

Comment

Who are you other keepers? My opinion would change based on the amount of power vs speed etc.

If all things were equal, it'd be Rizzo no question - but Marte for $1 could be pretty nice.

Comment

Rizzo and it's not close. No guarantee Marte even has a job next year (or this year). Rizzo will also be more tradeable for you.

Comment

Given the net outflow from the NL this offseason, SB may be a premium in your league depending on who you and everyone else is keeping. If you need SB and they won't be there, then under those circumstances Marte is a possibility, but Rizzo otherwise is your man.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            Who are you other keepers? My opinion would change based on the amount of power vs speed etc.

If all things were equal, it'd be Rizzo no question - but Marte for $1 could be pretty nice.
            Other keepers are:
            Wainwright $5
            Medlen $5
            Bryce Harper $10

I would love to keep both Rizzo & Marte but I figured by locking up two solid SPs, it would free me up to spend more on hitting in the auction...preserve the normal 180-80 split (or 185-75) and still have solid pitching...

Comment

Yeah, keeping those two arms is definitely the right move and Harper is a no brainer as well.

With such a small keeper list it doesn't make a huge difference. I'd likely keep Rizzo.

Comment

OBP is very bad for Marte, even though SLG helps him. I like Rizzo more.

Comment

Thanks everyone - Rizzo was my first instinct...then I read that Marte's oblique injury apparently slowed him down while he was playing (prior to landing on the DL), affecting his stat line last year. Then his winter league was stellar, though the quality of pitching is a factor.

I buy a 15 HR - 25-30 Steal season for Marte (very enticing in fantasy), but with a low OBP. Rizzo is a much better hitter...and his likely floor is 20-25 HR w/80-some driven in (lower due to Cubs lineup). Of course he will outshine Marte in OBP & SLG.

I figure I am saving $15-20 on either one, given inflation.

Sometimes I am a sucker for the power speed guys as well as the nice $1 price...but the surer bet for production is Rizzo, as Marte could be sent down, though I doubt it.

Comment

I'd agree Rizzo but I think it is a close decision- the $9 difference is significant. In NL LABR, Rizzo went for $23 and Marte $18. OBP and SLG tilts it to Rizzo in my opinion.

Any way you can trade two of your five keepers for one terrific keeper?

Comment

Thanks james33...good idea. It's a very unusual year for keepers...there's not one I would trade any of mine for - given their prices - other than maybe Harvey @ 2, but I have two pitchers, so...

Since it's a re-draft league, LABR and the like can be good market price indicators, with spring news and bidding war & player-targeting auction dynamics being the wild cards for those of us who see these factors affect pricing a bit more wildly in our home leagues. Seems like in the expert leagues, you can almost always get the team you want since prices seem fairly predictable, or at least not too out of line.

The LABR prices seem right for Rizzo and possibly high/optimistic for Marte, unless you are a believer like me.

Comment

Working...
                      X