X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS vs LABR NL & AL Auctions

First the AL

and now the NL

Interesting. I find the CBS leagues usually have wilder value swings than LABR. Cool comparison.

Comment

Huh. Not nearly the difference that I would have figured.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

CBS used to hold its auctions in early February, when MLB teams were still in considerable flux, so more money would flow to the more sure thing players: http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...sserie-auction

Now that CBS holds the auctions around the time of LABR, the prices are similar, because there is less uncertainty. With the Tout auctions a week before the season, there will be even less uncertainty.

Comment

Are we looking at the money spent by position for auctions that are in CBS vs LABR? If so, why? Why would we expect them to be different? "Experts" and non experts still play the same game. What am I missing?
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            Are we looking at the money spent by position for auctions that are in CBS vs LABR? If so, why? Why would we expect them to be different? "Experts" and non experts still play the same game. What am I missing?
            Yes, we are. Just showing how the different leagues (mostly different owners) addressed the draft. I find that Tout values tend to end up extremely close for 98% of the player pool with everyone falling w/in $2

Comment

These are both "expert leagues" aren't they? Or are you comparing LABR to the broad universe of leagues using CBS for website recordkeeping?

Comment

Jason, do you have a way to compare that to value generated by position (for 2012)?

Comment

CBS experts vs LABR experts. Sorry, don't have the 2012 data

Comment

Jason, really enjoyed your article. Did a really nice job of analyzing the differences in price for players between the CBS and LABR auctions. This is very useful and interesting.

Comment

Remember that Doug Dennis in the NL LABR spent $24 in the pitching, so his strategy was enough to account for the entire difference in %pitching of LABR vs CBS NL. (unless someone in CBS did the same - I didn't look)

Comment

piggyback piece (free) http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=19837

Comment

Working...
                        X