Mixed League Trade How Did I Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed League Trade How Did I Do?

12 team mixed 5x5 with $300 budget and 25 man roster including 8 keepers.

Just traded away an $11 Jose Bautista (final year) for a $6 Paul Goldschmidt ($11 in 2014) and a $1 Jose Altuve ($6/$11 in 2014/15).
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Was this deal pre or post auction?

Post auction I don't mind it. I'm a Goldschmidt believer and despite owning Bautista in a keeper I'm a tad concerned.

If it's pre auction I like it a lot less. In a 12 team mixed I'm not crazy about Altuve. At a $1 he's nice, but 2B/MI isn't as shallow as it has been in the past. I wouldn't think teams would have a huge problem keeping 8 players in a 12 teamer though.

Who were your other keeper options?

Comment

Not crazy about it unless you think Bautista is still not completely healed. I really like Goldschmidt but if Jose hits 45 bombs you will be kicking yourself. Altuve doesn't excite me either.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Pre-auction trade. I really like Altuve and see him as a future (2013?) .300 hitter with 40 steals and 100 runs upside. I can see Goldschmidt with 35/100/.300 numbers as soon as this year. I expect his steals to drop back to single digits though. Bautista, obviously has elite power and could hit 50 hr this year if he stays healthy all season but i don't think he even comes close to a .300 ba again.

Other 6 keepers are:
        Beltre $27
        Braun $48 (would go $60+ in this league)
        Strasburg $6
        B.Anderson $1
        Minor $1
        Holland $3

throwing back:
        J.Montero $6 (1 catcher league)
        Hosmer $6
        Utley $10
        Alvarez $1
        Plouffe $1
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Pre-auction trade. I really like Altuve and see him as a future (2013?) .300 hitter with 40 steals and 100 runs upside. I can see Goldschmidt with 35/100/.300 numbers as soon as this year. I expect his steals to drop back to single digits though. Bautista, obviously has elite power and could hit 50 hr this year if he stays healthy all season but i don't think he even comes close to a .300 ba again.

Other 6 keepers are:
          Beltre $27
          Braun $48 (would go $60+ in this league)
          Strasburg $6
          B.Anderson $1
          Minor $1
          Holland $3

throwing back:
          J.Montero $6 (1 catcher league)
          Hosmer $6
          Utley $10
          Alvarez $1
          Plouffe $1
          Not keeping Pedro? Interesting...I might keep him instead of both Minor and Anderson. Easier to find a good pitcher than 30+ home runs at 3B. Unless you think as a Pirate he will revert back to sucking
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Ultimately if those are the projections that you have for Altuve and Goldschmidt then you have to do that deal. While I do like Goldschmidt a lot, I think the numbers you're projecting there are best case scenario. That's a pretty monster year for anyone.

I personally find those Altuve numbers very optimistic. I'm not sure who is going to knock him in 100 times in the Astros line up, but he could be a good source of steals with a serviceable average.

Given your list of other keepers I'd have probably stuck with Bautista, and added either Hosmer or Ultey and really made strong push for it this year, but given how much you like those two guys I don't think it's atrocious - just not a deal I would have made.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Not crazy about it unless you think Bautista is still not completely healed. I really like Goldschmidt but if Jose hits 45 bombs you will be kicking yourself. Altuve doesn't excite me either.
              Goldschmidt will be a 40 hr player eventually. Maybe as soon as this year. Altuve is one of fantasy baseball's best kept secrets.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Not keeping Pedro? Interesting...I might keep him instead of both Minor and Anderson. Easier to find a good pitcher than 30+ home runs at 3B. Unless you think as a Pirate he will revert back to sucking
                It's only a 12 team league and he's already keeping Beltre.

Pedro Alvarez is probably a dollar day player in a 12 team mixed league anyway, but even with a $1 salary he isn't worth clogging up your CI slot before the auction even starts given that he'll bring down your team BA by about 5 points all by himself.

Comment

I like the deal madducks. I don't think your projections are too far off on either of the young kids. With it being Joey Bats last year i think it's in your favor. I also think you can get Pedro back for less than you would Anderson and Minor.

Comment

Tried not to let my Pirate homerism affect my evaluation of Alvarez. I think his numbers will drop slightly this year as pitchers start to respect him more and he continues to grow. Don't like the ba. Much more comfortable with the pricier Beltre. And you know i love cheap pitching.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Tried not to let my Pirate homerism affect my evaluation of Alvarez. I think his numbers will drop slightly this year as pitchers start to respect him more and he continues to grow. Don't like the ba. Much more comfortable with the pricier Beltre. And you know i love cheap pitching.
                      $26 difference between Pedro and beltre...although I love Beltre is he worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        I agree. Good trade for you, especially considering it's an expiring Bautista contract.
                        Player valuations are an interesting thing...the owner that got Bautista texted me when the deal was made and he was ecstatic about the deal. And this owner is no chump as he has won the league 4 or 5 times.

Comment

Considering it's a shallow league and seeing who you're tossing back, I would not have made the deal.

Comment

I'm glad i made this deal. BTW we added 2 teams and cut rosters from 25 to 23 after the deal to make it a 14 team league.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X