cbs projection problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbs projection problems

CBS's projections seem seriously borked - has anybody else noticed this? there are many players missing. i was concentrating on the orioles tonight, and players like matt wieters, wei-yin chen, and miguel gonzalez are entirely missing.

when i try to put in a help request about this, i just get redirected to some force.com page that says i'm not logged in, when i clearly am. grrrrrr. ><.
    Attached Files
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

I'm not sure what "borked" means, and I'm also not sure I would ever use CBS' projections, but that said, all the Oriole players are projected on CBS site:

Miguel Gonzalez: 9-12, 138 K, 4.15/1.28 in 180 IP
    Wei-Yin Chen: 14-10, 156 K, 3.87/1.24 in 200 IP
    Matt Wieters:.267/70/26/89/2

Comment

Yeah, I think of CBS's projections as being in a perpetual state of borkness. I use the stat service and draft room (which is their best service, in my opinion) and occasionally look at a news update, but I get everything else somewhere else.

Comment

Yeah, you'd have to be borked to use CBS rankings. I just checked and Wieters is listed 3rd at C in the projections. Maybe your computer is borked.

Comment

i use it mostly for eligibility purposes. but i do add it in when i do my median projections. this year, i'm using a combination of CBS, ZiPs, fangraphs, oliver, steamer, rotochamp, and marcel.

and borked means screwed up. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=borked - from the first definition there: "To have totally fucked something up. Usually by doing something stupid. Specifically used to describe technology that is broken."

but since others are seeing players i'm not, i wonder if it's some weird league setting in my league or something. i'll try it from one of my other leagues. i'm pretty sure it's not a browser issue, as i reproduced it on both chrome and firefox, from fresh sessions.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

make sure no filters are on and make sure you have All Players highlighted

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              I don't think that CBS' projections are really any worse than any of the other ones. I think Bill James, honestly, is the outlier for terrible projections.

It's funny to look at the results when projection systems are evaluated on their accuracy after the fact. Marcel, the monkey projection system, ranks with the best of them year in and year out. People still shell out $ for projections, though. For what reason I'll never know....
              I agree -- Bill James is the absolute worst. I thought he was a baseball genius?

As far as CBS projections: while they have added some very good writers to the team (Al Melchior, Nando di Fino) it's like they don't take the real baseball world into accuont when projecting playing time, which as you know I'm a big proponent of. Everyone is projected at their absolute highest amount of innings or at-bats. For instance, they project Jake Peavy with 220 IP(!!), Andy Pettitte with 200(!), and pitchers who don't even have a job, like Leake, Colon & Capuano with 190. Heck, they have Brian Wilson & Jose Valverde both with 30+ saves.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Heck, they have Brian Wilson & Jose Valverde both with 30+ saves.
                I agree with everything you said, ESPECIALLY Bill James, but I'd be surprised if one of those two guys didn't end up with at least 25 this year. Trying to project which one that would be is a fool's game though.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  I'm not sure what "borked" means,
                  I think the Muppet's Swedish Chef invented the term.

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                    make sure no filters are on and make sure you have All Players highlighted
                    it was the All Players thing. i figured it out after going over to the JWRL page and trying it there too, and then looking carefully at all of the options on the page.

the helpdesk thing was a real bug though - their helpdesk system underwent a full revamp in the offseason, and they've had lots of problems with it. they fixed mine for me, or at least so they say - i haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      I think the Muppet's Swedish Chef invented the term.
                      lol!

Comment

Working...
                      X