Novice Spreadsheet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novice Spreadsheet Question

I've been running an Appleworks spreadsheet draft tracker for a while, and it runs very much like Excel, but better on my Mac. I just track money, pretty much. Can anyone tell me the formula for computing highest bid? (I have money remaining and money spent, but not highest bid.)

Highest bid you need count of players remaining. I don't really think I can write it out so that it makes sense but you can email your spreadsheet and I can just do it and send it to you. Once you see it, it makes sense.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
      Highest bid you need count of players remaining. I don't really think I can write it out so that it makes sense but you can email your spreadsheet and I can just do it and send it to you. Once you see it, it makes sense.
      You can open an Appleworks document? I've tinkered with it over the years, but just have never figured out how to do that.

Comment

Highest Bid = Remaining Budget - ($1 x (All Remaining Roster Spots-1))

Say you have $190 left and 15 spots to fill:

Highest Bid = $190 - ($1 x (15-1)) = $190 - ($1 x 14) = $190 - $14 = $176
        Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
          Highest Bid = Remaining Budget - ($1 x (All Remaining Roster Spots-1))

Say you have $190 left and 15 spots to fill:

Highest Bid = $190 - ($1 x (15-1)) = $190 - ($1 x 14) = $190 - $14 = $176
          Excellent. Thanks. I'm just not sure how to paste that function, but this gives me more tinker with.

Comment

In Excel it is "=260-(25-counta(a3:a27)-1)" where 260 is our total budget, 25 is total roster spots to fill, and a3:a27 is the range to input rosters. Same theory as TC but the formula may help you if you haven't already gotten it.

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
              In Excel it is "=260-(25-counta(a3:a27)-1)" where 260 is our total budget, 25 is total roster spots to fill, and a3:a27 is the range to input rosters. Same theory as TC but the formula may help you if you haven't already gotten it.
              Thanks, dslaw! This was what helped me figure it out. I did it a little differently. Instead of 260, I needed to use the cell that had money left, so on Appleworks Spreadsheet, the formula is =D4-(25-COUNT(c2..c26)-1) where D4 is the cell of money left, 25 is the number of cells in the range, and c2..c26 is the range of cells.

Comment

Working...
              X