2K13: Fernando Martinez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K13: Fernando Martinez

Martinez would be a post, post, post hype sleeper, but something about him playing for what would seemingly be his last chance on a low pressure team like Houston is making me want to use a later round pick on him see what he can do.

Most the projections I can find that have him getting over 400 at bats have him at around 14-18 HR guy. The question is whether or not he can do that without absolutely destroying your BA.

Is the upside completely gone from Martinez or would you be willing to give him a look in deeper mixed leagues?

hmm - I got nothing on this guy

Comment

I'd be willing to give him a look in very deep (15+ mixed) leagues, and would pull the ripcord on him if he has a poor first six weeks or so. The kid is still just 25, he's gotta have some talent left in the bank.

Comment

He's only 24, believe it or not. Turns 25 in October.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

So you're saying I should draft him sir?

Comment

remember the old days when I took a ton of flak for saying Martinez would likely not amount to much as a major leaguer?

Comment

I just took him with my next to last pick in my 15 team Mixed. So we'll see what happens. I'm not expecting much, but the upside is too intriguing.

Comment

Working...
              X