Urgent - Mixed Keepers (2/27/13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - Mixed Keepers (2/27/13)

13 team mixed, 1 catcher, shallow league (C-1B-2B-3B-SS-OF-OF-OF-DH and SP-SP-RP-RP-P-P-P).

Need feedback tonight as keepers are due at midnight tomorrow.

Bautista
    JUpton
    Longoria
    Reyes
    Posey

Rounds 1-4 are keepers. Which 4 should I keep? I also have JMontero as a late-round keeper.

If I don't keep Posey, I can trade him and the 104th pick for the 64th pick. This would be an upgrade of Latos from Doumit, based on current ADP.

SS will be scarce (Zobrist, Rollins, Prado are the best available), so I'm leaning towards keeping Reyes.
    Last edited by virgonomic; 02-27-2013, 09:06 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Posey, Reyes, Bautista, Longoria.

Nice problem to have.

Comment

Reyes
      JUpton
      Posey
      Longoria

Bautista
      Hernandez

In a 3 OF/1 C league I feel like keeping the #1 catcher is better than a non-Top 10 OF. That being said, you are a Blue Jays fan so you might specifically want him on your team. If that's the case, it's reasonable to keep him over Longoria given how deep 3B is this year.

Comment

I'm not getting keeping a catcher in a 1 catcher 13 team league over the other options. Why can't you keep both Felix and Evan?

Comment

Bautista, Upton, Longoria, Reyes. I agree with Masher, in a 1 catcher league I'm not keeping Posey.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I'm not keeping a catcher in a 1 catcher 13 team league over the other options. Why can't you keep both Felix and Evan?
            I can trade Felix for Longo and think it's the right move. ETA: done deal.

I figure the main drop from Posey to other catchers is BA - there are many catchers who hit for power out there.
            Last edited by virgonomic; 02-27-2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I'd still keep Posey. Leagues that shallow are all about elite talent

Add Longo, Reyes, Joey bats

Comment

I should add that we also have JMontero as a late round rookie keeper - I just remembered as he is an afterthought right now, but probably pertinent to this discussion. He was #8 among catcher values last year. Does that change things?

Comment

I'm guessing that it doesn't cost you money or the round they were drafted in? I like all three of those SS you mentioned but in a shallow league you need explosive players in bunches so Reyes, though still with plenty of question marks, has the makeup and playing situation to have a monster year.

Longoria is a huge risk as well but a foundation-level player if he gets the 550+ABs . I'd also keep Bautista and Posey.
                  Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I'm sort of surprised at the lack of people who want to keep Upton.

I personally have him ranked ahead of Bautista this year in terms of overall value and I've seen a lot of other rankings who do too.

Comment

We have also been discussing trading Posey and the 104th pick for the 64th pick.

Comment

Montero would be my 22nd round pick. I have seen him ranked 8-11 amongst catchers for 2013.

If I trade Montero, I still have to drop one of Bautista/Longoria/J-Up/Reyes to keep Posey.
                        Last edited by virgonomic; 02-27-2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

I'd trade Posey, and go with Montero and the other choices. How much better than Montero will Posey be? I doubt it will be much.

Comment

Mauer because many catchers are not very good a offense except for a few like Posey, Mauer, Molina, etc. I do not expect a repeat for Dickey because he is too old.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              Well, Posey was literally just about twice as good as Montero last year (and was worth twice as much as well). I don't know that he'll repeat that dominance but I think there is a pretty enormous gap between Posey and Montero.
                              Yes and no, here. To be exact, Posey was 9 HR's, 15 RBI's, 13 Runs, 1 stolen base, and significant batting average better than Montero last year. I think the difference between a keeper in the first four rounds like Bautista and a 22nd round pick is more than this difference. Add in the draft pick trade he can make with Posey, and my choice would be clear.

Comment

Working...
                              X