No announcement yet.

2K16: Troy Tulowitzki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He went for $36 in our NL only 5x5. Based on the debates in here I bid him to $35. He was tied with Kemp for 3rd highest bid.

The top two were Stanton at $49 (me $48) and Scherzer $42.

Kemp went later to me for the same $36. He was one of the top players left on the board.

Comment

He went for $45 in my NL-only 4x4 Keeper League (25% inflation). That was 1 player after Stanton was nominated for $47. Sometimes it pays to keep going for the 1st big name nominated. Once Stanton was off the board I think 2 of the teams that didn't get him but wanted him panicked. Tulo was clearly the 2nd best offensive player available after Stanton.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
        He went for $45 in my NL-only 4x4 Keeper League (25% inflation). That was 1 player after Stanton was nominated for $47. Sometimes it pays to keep going for the 1st big name nominated. Once Stanton was off the board I think 2 of the teams that didn't get him but wanted him panicked. Tulo was clearly the 2nd best offensive player available after Stanton.
        If he plays more than 88 games.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Anyone notice that Tulo has a kinda Bret Saberhagen 'every other year' thing going on?

Games Played, Even Years
          2006 - 25
          2008 - 101
          2010 - 122
          2012 - 47
          2014 - 91
          Average - 91 (not counting rookie yr of '06)

Games Played, Odd Years
          2007 - 155
          2009 - 151
          2011 - 143
          2013 - 126
          2015 - ???
          Average - 144

Things that make you go hmmmm........
          I'm surprised to learn that his average of last 8 years is 117, and even his average of last 4 years is 102. Higher than I would've guessed.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
            I'm surprised to learn that his average of last 8 years is 117, and even his average of last 4 years is 102. Higher than I would've guessed.
            Yeah but only 88 game ave. the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Yeah, but 108.5 game ave. the last 2 years!
              So the owners have to hope for 126 rather than the 91.

What do you set the over and under for games played for him this year?

I will call 110.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

What do you set the over and under for games played for him this year?

I will call 110.
                110 sounds reasonable.

That's just a tad over 2/3 of 162 games, so that'd give him just a bit above 20 HR, 70 R, 70 RBI, .300 based on his 162-game averages...http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ulowtr01.shtml. Plus you get replacement-level SS for 50 games, which adds, what, 1 HR?

Comment

Hell, games played by Tulowitzki should have been the tiebreaker in the over/under contest.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

fwiw, a gif comparing Tulo's swing last season & earlier this week just before heading to ST ...

And another tidbit, the Jays have removed the turf on the infield & are replacing it with a full dirt infield. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do here over a full (hopefully) season. No natural grass yet though, they're saying maybe next year.

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Here's a clip that's just screaming "stay far away!" A seemingly innocuous collision turned into a cracked shoulder blade and a 3-week DL stay:

Some guys are just brittle and I think he's one of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X