Is this a proposal I should make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a proposal I should make?

NL 5x5 keeper league. 10 teams; 25 man rosters (no reserves); 280 cap with 30% inflation

I have Evan Meek at $1 and am thinking of making a trade proposal: I give Minor $3 for Hanrahan $5.

My other keeper pitchers (in addition to Meek):

Josh Johnson SP
    Oswalt SP
    Hansen SP
    Wilson Closer

I alos have a $1 Blanton and a $4 Hammel which I do not plan to keep

Should I make the proposal?

For 2011, I'd rather have Hanrahan for 5 than Minor for 3.

Comment

If I had a $5 Hanrahan and was offered Minor I would laugh. He is the closer. He is $5. While I expect him and his one year arb. salary to get traded at the deadline, he might get traded to the NL.

As an owner of both Hanrahan and Meek I am hoping this handcuff turns into two closers after the break.

Cheap closers are gold. You might be better off trying to trade Meek to him.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
        For 2011, I'd rather have Hanrahan for 5 than Minor for 3.

easily
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

If I were the other owner I'd be annoyed by your proposal.
          If you want to make future 'fair' deals with him/her, do not make the offer.

Comment

Depends on the league dynamic, but sure I'd make this deal if I were you.

Hanrahan not worth as much in 10-team NL 5x5 as most people think, but this price is right as if he blows up this month, Meek shall inherit the closer slot...
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by the heat View Post
              If I were the other owner I'd be annoyed by your proposal.
              If you want to make future 'fair' deals with him/her, do not make the offer.
              Interesting perspective. The other owner accepted and then a few minutes later asked to rescind (which I allowed). Must have been within the sphere of reasonableness.

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
                Interesting perspective. The other owner accepted and then a few minutes later asked to rescind (which I allowed). Must have been within the sphere of reasonableness.
                Nicely played on letting him rescind....maybe he found his way in here?

Comment

I've gotten a lot of bad trade offers over the years so I usually don't follow the "it never hurts to ask" theory. Maybe I lose out on some trade possibilities though.

Yes, nice to let him rescind.

Comment

Working...
                  X