Anyone watch The Next Knuckler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watch The Next Knuckler?

I only caught bits and pieces, but I liked the premise in theory. It was a show on MLB Network where they took ex-NFL QB's, none too significant except Doug Flutie, and Tim Wakefield and I guess Charlie Hough attempted to teach them the knuckle ball. Then they had eliminations until they wound up with a winner who would get to go to a MLB spring training camp with supposedly a chance to make the team.

Well Josh Booty won and was off to D-Backs camp. I assumed I would have heard about a QB in ST when pitchers and catchers reported and that would have been a spoiler, but I still haven't heard any mention of this other than the show. Just curious, does any one know if Booty is in camp and if he really is being given a shot, or is he just another Tom Selleck, Garth Brooks, etc. who goes to camp just for the novelty?
    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Well, he's reporting today

Booty is 37 and it says he played 13 games with Marlins, 1996-98, as infielder
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Booty was a No.1 draft choice of the Marlins. He was a third baseman with power but had contact issues.

Comment

Since I have the MLB Network on pretty much all day in my office, I've seen this show. It's not bad, but not really all that compelling. Supposedly it's an actual tryout, but I can't imagine he gets offered anything besides a low minor league contract if he works out.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Since I have the MLB Network on pretty much all day in my office, I've seen this show. It's not bad, but not really all that compelling. Supposedly it's an actual tryout, but I can't imagine he gets offered anything besides a low minor league contract if he works out.
          Given that he's an ex-major leaguer, I imagine that they could stick him anywhere for organizational depth. I doubt he would accept such a deal, so it's mostly a stunt.

Comment

Coverage includes audio and video clips, interviews, statistics, schedules and exclusive stories.

Comment

Come on Marlins...

Comment

Working...
              X