Keeper Help- 12 team mixed, 35 man rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Help- 12 team mixed, 35 man rosters

Hi everyone- just found this board. Excited about being a part of it.

League Rosters: 2 C, 2 1B, 2 2B, 2 SS, 2 3B, 6 OF, UT, 10 P, 8 man farm

When leaving the auction, each position must be split evenly between AL/NL. This split does not have to be maintained in-season.

$300 cap, inflation is 20-25%. The top 8-10 bats available will all go for $42+

Categories: OBP, R, HR, RBI, SB, W, ERA, WHIP, SV+HLD, K/BB

I can keep seven total. Here are the players I am considering. What do you guys think? (the first 4 are no-brainers in my mind)

A.Rizzo ($0 this year, can keep for $7 in years 2014 and 2015)
    M.Moore ($7, 2 yrs left)
    J.Altuve ($1, 2)
    M.Kemp ($37, 1)
    E.Aybar ($6, 1)
    T.Frazier ($7, 2)
    C.Gomez ($7, 2)
    B.Morrow ($3, 2)
    D.Pedroia ($33, 2)
    D.Price ($32, 2)
    E.Cabrera ($7, 2)

Yeah, I definitely like your first 4. I would add Frazier, Gomez (even though it's OBP, I still really like him this year) and probably Aybar. I wouldn't argue if you wanted to keep Price instead of Aybar.

Comment

welcome aboard!

In addition to the top four, I'd go with:

T.Frazier ($7, 2)
      C.Gomez ($7, 2)
      B.Morrow ($3, 2)

and look to deal Aybar, Price & Everth. Because it's OBP, keeping any one of those over Gomez may make some sense.

Comment

With a $300 cap and 20% inflation, I would keep the first four guys for sure.

I think after that a lot of your guys carry a good bit of risk. That being said I probably keep Pedroia at $33, Price at $32, and Morrow at $2

I play in a similar league and both Price and Pedroia would fetch $42+ with no problem. Kemp is on the market this year and is expect to hit the $60 mark.

Comment

Really appreciate the feedback guys. I am leaning towards Frazier, Aybar, and Gomez, but am still strongly considering Pedroia as well.

My main hang up is that, because of our odd AL/NL rule, keeping both Altuve & Pedroia would clog up my UT spot immediately (Houston moving to the AL really hurts in that regard). Even thought I liked what Altuve gave me last year, I'm thinking his R/RBI are going to be so low this season that he may be a bit overvalued right now. I'm trying to deal him away in part of a package for S.Castro or Goldschmidt (both have owners short on keeper depth).

One more question regarding Frazier- do you think Dusty will truly give him the full time job this year, or will he find a reason to start a "veteran" like Jack Hannahan 1-2 times per week?

Comment

Originally posted by Silentmist View Post
            With a $300 cap and 20% inflation, I would keep the first four guys for sure.

I think after that a lot of your guys carry a good bit of risk. That being said I probably keep Pedroia at $33, Price at $32, and Morrow at $2

I play in a similar league and both Price and Pedroia would fetch $42+ with no problem. Kemp is on the market this year and is expect to hit the $60 mark.
            Our league isn't similar. We must have more crazy people.

Comment

Working...
            X