No announcement yet.

Gio Gonzalez 7 or Jeremy Hellickson 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gio Gonzalez 7 or Jeremy Hellickson 3?

Which side do you favor in a 5x5 american league only?

Keeper league I assume and how many years for each at their price and can you extend them?

Comment

Yes, the format and how long you can keep them is a big factor here, but without that information, I'll guess that Hellickson is the right player to favor here.

Comment

For next year only in a 5x5 I might be persuaded to take Gio. For any other circumstances I'd probably take Hellboy.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          For next year only in a 5x5 I might be persuaded to take Gio. For any other circumstances I'd probably take Hellboy.
          agreed

Comment

Enlighten me O wise ones?

It can't be for the 4 bucks. While I admit it is close I still do not see how you do not pick Gio for the next three years.

Comment

That's why the years are important. In my league you have the guy for 3 years once his clock start, so Hellickson at that price for a few more years would make him the pick because he may just put up numbers similar to what Price did in his first season as a starter. For just this year it would be Gio since he has seemed to figure it out and is producing as expected and should out produce Hellickson who will be in his first full season and will probably have an innings restriction. Not to mention that he has to deal with the beasts from the east while Gio gets more of the Mariners and Angels and pitches in a favorable pitchers park. He had a .199 batting avg against and was 8-3 with a 2.56 e.r.a and whip around 1.2 in his home games.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Enlighten me O wise ones?

It can't be for the 4 bucks. While I admit it is close I still do not see how you do not pick Gio for the next three years.
                I love Gio, and maybe the park, GB% and HR/9 does eventually swing it in his favor. But his K/9 was 7.7 and his BB/9 was 4.1 last year. He *lost* 2 strikeouts per 9 from his 2009 season. He is going to struggle to have a K/BB over 2.0 while Hellickson might end up having a K/BB over 4. Plus the Rays' offense will probably be better for the next 3 years. SSS... but Hellboy had a better K/9 last year, in his first taste of the majors.

Comment

Working...
                X