Tyler Skaggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Skaggs

Projected to be the 5th starter in Arizona, is Tyler Skaggs worth a keeper at $10 in a $260 15 team auction league? Traditional 5x5 scoring.

My other keepers at P
    Gio Gonzalez $11
    Matt Harvey $7
    Adam Wainwright $16
    Wandy Rodriguez $5
    Kenley Jansen $1

I know my hitters pretty well but for some reason pitching always seems to be my nemesis.

Short answer: no.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I would dangle him for more of a sure thing. A lot of owners love rookies so you might be able to pull something off. You can probably get him back for 3 to 5 if you really like him.

Comment

Skaggs has a negative value in such a league. I'd give him for free to someone who promised to keep him at that price.

Comment

Here's a twist on the original question of Skaggs: I have him for a price of $15. with rookie status. I do not have to activate him at all, although when he loses rookie status, his contract changes to "Year 1". I can keep him on reserve list all year if I want and stats would not count. I figure I can see how he is pitching and, if good, will activate him until the league catches up with him, then back onto reserve list. I can protect up to 3 rookies; that shouldn't be a problem with only an out-for-the-year Rymer Liriano, Joe Panik, and Marcel Ozuna besides Skaggs.
          Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
            Skaggs has a negative value in such a league. I'd give him for free to someone who promised to keep him at that price.
            I agree, assuming this isn't an NL-only league. At 15 teams, that seems like a safe assumption...but if it is NL-only, 15 teamx9 pitchers, then $10 Skaggs for the future would be worth keeping

Comment

Thanks guys. I was leaning towards letting him go. I'll probably be able to pick him back up for $3 if I want. Thing is I'm making a run at 1st this year I should be looking at more experienced pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
                Here's a twist on the original question of Skaggs: I have him for a price of $15. with rookie status. I do not have to activate him at all, although when he loses rookie status, his contract changes to "Year 1". I can keep him on reserve list all year if I want and stats would not count. I figure I can see how he is pitching and, if good, will activate him until the league catches up with him, then back onto reserve list. I can protect up to 3 rookies; that shouldn't be a problem with only an out-for-the-year Rymer Liriano, Joe Panik, and Marcel Ozuna besides Skaggs.
                Yeah, probably makes sense to keep him inactive all season.

Comment

Working...
                X