No announcement yet.

2K13 Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I assume Cingrani is someone a lot of teams here own. Anyone have any thoughts of selling high on him? If so, what type of player would you look at?

Has anyone tried to get someone like Stanton or Pujols? I keep expecting someone like Allen Craig to get dropped.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Have gotten Longoria, Heyward, and Cespedes....all in 'several for one' deals. I am looking to move Cingrani coming off the great start and will try to pair him with a hot starting replaceable guy like L Cain (would have paired with Lowrie, if I hadn't just dealt him) or Segura, and possibly a low-end closer like Henderson, for a top bat. Pujols will be one target; I figure Stanton as well though want to see what injury report looks like.

May be a good time to go after Tulo, though a lot of injury risk there too.

The day-trading SP options in the FA league are so good I am pretty much always willing to deal a starter.

Comment

• 8th place. I feel like an almost respectable team. I now have Hanley in as my third basemen. I guess now is the time to start working some trades.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I guess I should take this deal?

I get:
          Vernon Wells
          Brett Lawrie
          Josh Reddick
          Welington Castillo
          Jason Kipnis

I give:
          John Buck
          Starling Marte
          Jedd Gyorko
          Grant Balfour
          Jaime García

My current 2B/3B are Rutledge and Donaldson. I have Desmond at SS so don't really need to move Rutledge over. But I expect Marte to cool off, and Buck too. Balfour is no big loss. Neither is Garcia. Maybe Reddick turns into a starter at OF. Lawrie might still be an upgrade over Ike Davis and Matt Joyce at UT.

Comment

• I think I do that deal. Kipnis is starting to hit. Reddick should hit and I think Lawrie will get better. Buck is well...John Buck. Marte is good but right now you'd be selling high and that's the name of the game here.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I offered Cingrani, Freese and Wilhelsen for Miggy and got turned down. The problem is that two of those players are upgrades, and the other owners don't see obvious cuts to their roster.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Second place, 21.5 back.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Fourth place for me at the 1 month mark, 8.5 points out of 1st. David Ortiz, Starling Marte, Jean Segura, Tony Cingrani, Mariano Rivera, and Edward Mujica have been the main cogs of the upsurge over the past two weeks. Have started trying to shop guys like Cingrani, no luck so far.

Comment

• I'm going to see how I do without trading. Just FAs.
                    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Someone cut Mariano in early March when his health was slightly in question (didn't pitch for the first few weeks of camp). Most of the other league owners were not watching their teams at that timeframe, so I got him with a low waiver slot. I consider it a gift. Same thing happened with Ortiz late in March, though many people had fears that he might be out for months at that timeframe. Both are working out splendidly for me so far. I missed out on the Victor Martinez cut in mid-March due to the sole other "awake at the wheel" owner having a higher waiver slot. It has been a strange league so far.

I agree that league activity is critical for any success in this format. I feel that you really need panicking owners being active for the first 1.5 months, then you need them inactive for the middle months so that you can grab the top prospects off the waiver wire when they start appearing.

Comment

• Finally have a credible lineup to roll out there....Montero/Murphy (and Weeks)/Segura/Longoria/Cespedes/Bautista/Heyward (McLouth)/Hosmer/Dunn (Arenado, C Carter, A Eaton). Couple spots still would be nice to upgrade but at least there's hope there, I think.

Good on pitching side so we'll see if 5/6th of year with some actual batters will get me anywhere---right now still in 9th.

Comment

• Would you use the #2 waiver priority for BJ Upton at this point? My five OF/Util slots are currently filled by Gordon, De Aza, Werth, Aoki, Hafner, and Arenado.

What are the odds someone better gets dropped? These guys have all started slowly, were drafted higher than Upton, and are on teams still active:

Cain, Bautista, Hamilton, Stanton, A. Hill, Bruce, Reyes, Zimmerman, Greinke, Price, Weaver, Kipnis, Lawrie, Rollins.

Would you go for Upton or hope one of the above gets dropped?

Comment

• Honestly, I love BeeJ but I would probably hope he cleared waivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              Honestly, I love BeeJ but I would probably hope he cleared waivers.
                              Agreed.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Okay, I've finally crawled up to 9th place, five points out of 8th. The other guys seem pretty good, so far as not dropping people prematurely goes.

Here's what I have now, and a question:

C Salvador Perez
                                1B Yonder Alonso
                                2B Jason Kipnis
                                3B Josh Donaldson
                                SS Josh Rutledge
                                OF Gerardo Parra
                                OF Juan Pierre
                                OF Michael Bourn
                                Util Michael Cuddyer
                                Util Ichiro Suzuki
                                DL Corey Hart

SP Tony Cingrani
                                SP Hisashi Iwakuma
                                SP Tommy Milone
                                SP Ervin Santana
                                SP Ryan Dempster
                                SP Hiroki Kuroda
                                SP Jaime Garcia

RP Bobby Parnell
                                RP Heath Bell
                                RP Edward Mujica
                                RP David Hernandez
                                RP Kyuji Fujikawa
                                RP Kevin Gregg

I'd like to add an offensive player (maybe two), and there are some decent guys on the wire, but I don't know who to cut. I had Parnell and Mujica, and later grabbed Bell and Gregg, handcuffed with Hernandez and Fujikawa.

Is there are starter you would drop, or a reliever, in order to add an offensive player?

Which of these guys, if any, would be good trade bait to upgrade on offensive? (Almost all my points are pitching points, except for nine points in steals.)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X