prospect "list of lists"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prospect "list of lists"

has anybody found a place this year yet where all the top prospect lists are combined into a spreadsheet? i used to always find them at baseball digest daily, but not for the past couple of years. it seems like MJ posted a link to one last year, but a quick search (both here on RJ and google) didn't find it.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

awesome - thanks, SDS.
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Well worth the 4 bucks: http://www.fantasyrundown.com/Prospe...dsheet_13.html

Comment

nice, and thanks! but i'm a cheapskate on these kinds of things. i've always been able to find one in the past. maybe i'll just type the individual lists in myself (i don't think it'll take 50 hours ).

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post

Comment

Very nice. I did not know that existed.

On the 2012 list, I could not even (easily) sort on a specific list (i.e. BA - sort descending). It has promise and with a little tweaking would be worth my $$ but in it's current form it's not worth my $$ - imho.

Comment

The actual weekly product is an e-mailed Excel spreadsheet, not a web page, so you can easily sort the individual lists. Where's its really valuable is for the team lists. Someone used to do a free compendium of at least the top 100 lists, on a site called In the Dugout or something like that, but I don't think its around any longer.

Comment

The actual weekly product is an e-mailed Excel spreadsheet, not a web page, so you can easily sort the individual lists. Where's its really valuable is for the team lists. Someone used to do a free compendium of at least the top 100 lists, on a site called In the Dugout or something like that, but I don't think its around any longer.
                I downloaded the 2012 excel spreadsheet and was not able to easily sort.

Comment

Joe Hamrahi has put together a Top Prospects Compilation sheet at Baseball Prospectus for several years and it sounds like he will again in 2013 (available on Google Docs and as a stand alone Excel workbook), and it's FREE

Comment

awesome! hope it comes out in the next two days though, as our draft starts friday...

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                    Joe Hamrahi has put together a Top Prospects Compilation sheet at Baseball Prospectus for several years and it sounds like he will again in 2013 (available on Google Docs and as a stand alone Excel workbook), and it's FREE

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=19311

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=19311
                      yep, he's definitely doing it again

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                        nice, and thanks! but i'm a cheapskate on these kinds of things. i've always been able to find one in the past. maybe i'll just type the individual lists in myself (i don't think it'll take 50 hours ).
                        I just do my own lists and it doesn't take very long. I like to create a composite rank weighting sources differently but considering like 7-8 different top 100s.

Comment

took me a lot less than 50 hours. granted, not all the lists are out, and i'm not including all of the information, but you can find that specific information (positions, ages, etc.) separately if you wish. so here you go...

hmph. apparently we can't attach .xlsx files - it gives me an error when i try to upload it.

download it from here: ftp://ftp.aoc.nrao.edu/pub/staff/bbu...prospects.xlsx

Comment

Nice work, but I think that you if ignore that a player wasn't on a list, you distort the rankings. Someone in the 40s and 50s on all the lists is more well thought of than someone who is 35 on one list and not on any of the others. In figuring the median ranking, I'd give the blank space a value, like 101.

Comment

Nice work, but I think that you if ignore that a player wasn't on a list, you distort the rankings. Someone in the 40s and 50s on all the lists is more well thought of than someone who is 35 on one list and not on any of the others. In figuring the median ranking, I'd give the blank space a value, like 101.
                              Agree. I give a default value of 110 (arbitrary) to players who do not rank in a given list. Whether it's 110, 101 or some other number >100 you really have to do this to generate a composite ranking.

Comment

Working...
                              X