Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keepers are due...interested in your opinions

Hi all,

I am in a 5x5 roto, but we sub OBP for BA. We have a $200 auction and get to keep six. Here's who I'm considering and what it would cost me to keep each. Who do I keep? 12 team league....

$4 M Machado
    $19 J Heyward
    $7 M Moore
    $7 D Jennings
    $8 D Freese
    $19 A Dunn
    $36 D Pedroia
    $18 M Bourn

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    Last edited by ; 02-19-2013, 05:05 PM. Reason: left out pertinent info

How many teams? That will impact values greatly.

If it's a 12-team league, I think Moore and Jennings are probably your best values. I'm hoping it's a deeper league, since otherwise there aren't a ton of bargains there.
    Last edited by ; 02-19-2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      How many teams? That will impact values greatly.
      12 teams....thanks for asking.

Comment

God, I admire you.

Do you have to keep 6? With a $200 cap, the only definite keepers for me are Machado and Jennings.

By the way, what kind of name is Poon, anyway?

Comment

I think Moore and Jennings are the best values on the list.

Auction dynamics can be strange in shallow mixed leagues, since the replacement level players ($1 players and free agents) are such a high quality. This sometimes means that the top players go for far more than what would be their actual value. For example, I calculate Pedroia's actual value at around $20, although I know you would never get him for such a low price.

So, based only upon how much of a bargain they are given their actual values, I would rank your guys like this:

Moore
          Jennings
          -----------
          Freese
          Machado
          Heyward
          ----------
          Bourn
          Dunn
          Pedroia

I would keep Moore and Jennings for sure, and maybe a couple from the second tier.

Comment

Dunn is a no-way for me. I agree with others that Pedroia is the next to go.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
              God, I admire you.

Do you have to keep 6? With a $200 cap, the only definite keepers for me are Machado and Jennings.

By the way, what kind of name is Poon, anyway?
              First off, it's Commanche Indian.

Secondly, I keep up to six. This league seems to ALWAYS spend a lot more on players than any listed auction value on any other website.

And I forgot, a $5 Austin Jackson.

Comment

And I want to make sure that everyone sees that it's an OBP, not BA league...are you all still this down on Dunn?

Comment

Originally posted by sugarmisterpoon View Post
                  First off, it's Commanche Indian.

Secondly, I keep up to six. This league seems to ALWAYS spend a lot more on players than any listed auction value on any other website.

And I forgot, a $5 Austin Jackson.
                  I like Jackson at $5. I'd go with Jackson, Jennings, Machado, and maybe Moore. Heyward and Bourn aren't great values in a league with a $200 cap and I don't know if you want to go in with 3 outfielders.

Comment

Yes, I was keeping in mind that you are using OBP.

And I think Austin Jackson is a definite keeper at $5. Top tier.

As for the Poon thing, please know that Brother Garp was not trying to be insensitive...there's a movie (some think a hilarious movie) where one of the catch lines is "What kind of name....?"

Comment

Dunns OBP the last 3 years: .356, .292, .333 Sure, he's not a drag in OBP, but his days of upper .300's are over.

Yes, I'd add A-Jax for 5 in there. I'd cut Bourn loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                        Yes, I was keeping in mind that you are using OBP.

And I think Austin Jackson is a definite keeper at $5. Top tier.

As for the Poon thing, please know that Brother Garp was not trying to be insensitive...there's a movie (some think a hilarious movie) where one of the catch lines is "What kind of name....?"

I know that he wasn't being insensitive. I was playing the joke back. My handle is simply from that movie. The fact that he knew it made me smile.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarmisterpoon View Post
                            I know that he wasn't being insensitive. I was playing the joke back. My handle is simply from that movie. The fact that he knew it made me smile.
                            Great. I saw that you were new to the site, and wanted to make sure you knew that the guys here are all good guys, but that they love a joke. Sorry I didn't catch what you were doing.

Comment

Working...
                            X