Trade Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Advice

I'm in a 20-team league that allows 6 keepers per year (you have to keep 6). Currently my top 6 are:
    • Ryan Howard
    • Chase Utley
    • Jose Reyes
    • Aramis Ramirez
    • Jason Heyward
    • Corey Hart (inj), Brandon Beachy (inj), Michael Brantley, or Grant Balfour

Not stellar...actually, not terribly good. So, I'm trying to make a trade. I've been working on something like...

Jose Reyes for Cliff Lee/Manny Machado.

I really, really like Machado. The owner won't bite on the deal (rightfully so, I suppose). The next step down would be either...

Reyes for Beltran/Machado
    or
    Reyes for Asdrubal Cabrera/Machado.

Thoughts?

Edit: 7x7 league (extras are 2B and OBP), H2H
    Last edited by ; 02-17-2013, 07:40 PM. Reason: League Format

My main thought is that you do not need to get any older, so can the Beltran idea...I wouldn't settle for anything less than your 2nd deal, and I'm not crazy about that. Is there any other deal out there that might be feasible? I know that you're dead set on Machado, but I think that this owner knows that and is holding your feet to the fire. Throw out a general on the block indicating that you're willing to deal Reyes, and maybe that'll get this guy to budge.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

So if you really want the Beltran/Machado deal, why are you only offering Reyes? You can only keep 6. Why aren't you also including Balfour, Hart, or ???

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        So if you really want the Beltran/Machado deal, why are you only offering Reyes? You can only keep 6. Why aren't you also including Balfour, Hart, or ???
        The guy has probably 8 LEGIT keepers already, which is why I think he can swing the Lee deal. He's sitting on Josh Hamilton, Billy Butler, MCab, Cliff Lee, CJ Wilson, Machado, Asdrubal Cabrera, and Beltran. If I add any of those guys, they're below what he already has.

Comment

Originally posted by steveclever View Post
          The guy has probably 8 LEGIT keepers already, which is why I think he can swing the Lee deal. He's sitting on Josh Hamilton, Billy Butler, MCab, Cliff Lee, CJ Wilson, Machado, Asdrubal Cabrera, and Beltran. If I add any of those guys, they're below what he already has.
          Who does he think his top 6 are?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Who does he think his top 6 are?
            Can't say for certain, but from his willingness to part with Machado, I don't think he's in it.

Comment

Took the Bullpen's advice and posted the availability of Reyes on the league's FB group. Here's a few offers that I heard:

Reyes for Scherzer/JZimmerman (or Scherzer/Teixeira)
              Reyes for Craig/Medlen
              Reyes and Hayward for Mauer/IDesmond/Ellsbury
              Reyes for AJax/(possibly Halladay, ??? - still working this offer)

Any of those particularly appealing to the 'Pen? I like the Reyes for Craig/Medlen more than anything else currently out there.

Comment

I love the Craig/Medlen return.

Comment

Craig/Medlen is nice. In your shoes I'd probably take Scherzer/Zim too.

Then again I like the Beltran/Machado deal. You get a cornerstone to build around, and another guy who is way better than anyone you have now in Beltran. Even if you end up trading him in June, then you're adding another piece.

Comment

Now you can go back to the Beltran/Machado owner and say If you want Reyes we need to pull the trigger or I have to take another deal that I like almost as much. If he says no, do the Craig/Medlin deal.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I'm throwing it back one last time to see if I can get Lee/Machado, but I'm ready to do the Craig/Medlen deal.

Comment

One last advice Q....

The owner with AJax just threw an offer that merits consideration.

Reyes and Heyward for AJax, BJ Upton, Halladay.

Pen's thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          Reyes for Craig/Medlen is WAY better, imo.
                          Agreed...IF, and it's a big if, he stays healthy, Craig is an absolute stud, as is Medlen.
                          Last edited by Hornsby; 02-18-2013, 10:49 PM.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Reyes for Craig/Medlen is WAY better, imo.
                            Agreed. If you're doing a 5 player deal and you're giving up the best 2 players in the trade then it's not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by steveclever View Post
                              One last advice Q....

The owner with AJax just threw an offer that merits consideration.

Reyes and Heyward for AJax, BJ Upton, Halladay.

Pen's thoughts?
                              Just say no.

Comment

Working...
                              X