Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you have the same keepers with this roster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would agree with what seems to be the majority here. No extension for Murphy, and keep Blanco.

I wonder if you might get a solid starter in exchange for Cishek. Who knows whats going to happen in Miami and he's not a "proven" closer really, and you have some depth.

Comment

Hernandez is an interesting choice - I hadn't realized Putz was a free agent at the end of this season (excellent point, JC!) Seems to me to be a really close call.

Extending him to $6 this year with $11 option for next year - this obviously costs you exactly $5 this year.

But assuming closers would go for $25 in your league, you'd potentially save $14($25-$11) next year if Hernandez is indeed the 2014 closer. So what is the probability of Hernandez being the 2014 closer, saving you $14 next year at a cost of $6 this year? Anything over ~40% probability, and the math works out in your favor. I think I'd take the risk and extend him to $6 with the $11 option next year.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I would keep Murphy at 1 and not go to 6. He won't be a keeper at 11 next year so save the cash.

I *would* go $6 on Hernandez, he will probably earn it this year and Putz is a FA after this year.

I think I would keep Blanco, he'll get you cheap speed and you won't do better for your 5th OF in a 12-team league.
        Acknowledging upfront that the memory may not be what it once was, didn't AZ sign Putz to a deal through 2014??

Comment

Originally posted by Daver View Post
          Acknowledging upfront that the memory may not be what it once was, didn't AZ sign Putz to a deal through 2014??
          Yep. One year $7M. through 2014.

Comment

Looking at Cots it says they had a 2013 option and then it shows 1 yr 7 million for 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
              Looking at Cots it says they had a 2013 option and then it shows 1 yr 7 million for 2014.
              Ok, that's my bad, I couldn't figure out what the hell cots was saying.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Ok, that's my bad, I couldn't figure out what the hell cots was saying.
                umm...didn't need Cots if you read posts #19 and #20 in this thread... you have me on ignore don't you.

Comment

Cot's has Murphy on a one year deal also?

Daniel Murphy lf-1b
                  1 year/$2.925M (2013)
                  ■1 year/$2.925M (2013)
                  ■re-signed by NY Mets 1/29/13 (avoided arbitration, $3.4M-$2.55M)

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
                    Cot's has Murphy on a one year deal also?

Daniel Murphy lf-1b
                    1 year/$2.925M (2013)
                    ■1 year/$2.925M (2013)
                    ■re-signed by NY Mets 1/29/13 (avoided arbitration, $3.4M-$2.55M)
                    He has only 3 years of service time. He is still the property of the Mets for a few more years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      umm...didn't need Cots if you read posts #19 and #20 in this thread... you have me on ignore don't you.
                      He just does not trust Cubs fans or people with three "G" on their first name.

Comment

ok, here's what I thought last month:

was looking at keeping the max of 11, for 97 units
                        C MMontero 15-O
                        C WRosario 5-S1
                        2B DMurphy 6-L2 (can go 1-O and out, OR 6-L2 this year and 11-L1 in 2014 and then out)
                        SS SCastro 15-L1
                        OF JustinUpton 30-L1
                        OF GBlanco 2-S1

SP DGee 2-S1
                        SP JMcDonald 1-S1
                        RP Betancourt 10-O (or could go 15-L2 and 20-L1)
                        RP Cishek 10-S1
                        RP DaHernandez 1-O

changes: Murphy likely starts year on DL, maybe shouldn't matter if I longterm him but I don't think I will.

as some have noted, is it really worth it to walk in with a filled OF slot on Blanco? opportunity cost issue, think I will cut.

I've also decided I don't like keeping 5 pitchers. but without LTing Betancourt, I can't see dumping any closers.

I love Gee, want to keep him. Would like to move McDonald, but doubt I can get anything for him. Worth keeping even as a 5th P?

I have one week left to decide...
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          ok, here's what I thought last month:

was looking at keeping the max of 11, for 97 units
                          C MMontero 15-O
                          C WRosario 5-S1
                          2B DMurphy 6-L2 (can go 1-O and out, OR 6-L2 this year and 11-L1 in 2014 and then out)
                          SS SCastro 15-L1
                          OF JustinUpton 30-L1
                          OF GBlanco 2-S1

SP DGee 2-S1
                          SP JMcDonald 1-S1
                          RP Betancourt 10-O (or could go 15-L2 and 20-L1)
                          RP Cishek 10-S1
                          RP DaHernandez 1-O

changes: Murphy likely starts year on DL, maybe shouldn't matter if I longterm him but I don't think I will.

as some have noted, is it really worth it to walk in with a filled OF slot on Blanco? opportunity cost issue, think I will cut.

I've also decided I don't like keeping 5 pitchers. but without LTing Betancourt, I can't see dumping any closers.

I love Gee, want to keep him. Would like to move McDonald, but doubt I can get anything for him. Worth keeping even as a 5th P?

I have one week left to decide...
                          Maybe if you can't get anything for McDonald it is a good indicator that you should put him back?

I like Gee for this year too.

Comment

might be able to get a fat Panda at 23 for McDonald. It's just the kind of trade that I want in the sense of moving one of 5 pitchers and adding my 1st cornerman.

but Sandoval is pricey at that number.
                            but we have somewhat high inflation (farmhands 5-S2 until year after they lose rookie status, and we allow up to 11 keepers), so the bidding on the decent players in the pool - made shallower by the loss of Houston - could be ferocious....

anyone who would bite the bullet on 'Sandy' at that price? (Lord knows he'd bite it)
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              might be able to get a fat Panda at 23 for McDonald. It's just the kind of trade that I want in the sense of moving one of 5 pitchers and adding my 1st cornerman.

but Sandoval is pricey at that number.
                              but we have somewhat high inflation (farmhands 5-S2 until year after they lose rookie status, and we allow up to 11 keepers), so the bidding on the decent players in the pool - made shallower by the loss of Houston - could be ferocious....

anyone who would bite the bullet on 'Sandy' at that price? (Lord knows he'd bite it)
                              Yes if you have any kind of inflation. He is valued at about $23 -$24 in Start over auctions. I am keeping him at 23. We have heavy inflation. That said I am not giving him an increase either. So this will be the last year I have him.

Comment

in my nl-only league, panda went for $29

Comment

Working...
                                X