NL Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Keepers

10 team, NL only 5X5. 280 cap. 10 pitchers and 15 position players. Can keep 12.

My thinking with bubble guys in parenthesis. Possible extension $5 per year also in paranthesis. Looking for opinions. thanks in advance.

C Molina 5F (1x=10B)
    C (Suzuki 1B)
    1B Goldie 5F (1-2x?=10B to 15A)
    2B Murphy 3F (1x=8B)
    3B Aram 22F
    SS (Simmons 8B)
    MI (Solano 1B)
    CI Frazier 3B
    OF Eaton 10B
    OF (Snider 8B)
    OF
    OF
    OF
    U (C. Johnson 2B)
    U (Gamel 4F)
    SP Medlen 3B
    SP Smardjizda 1B
    SP (Teheran 3A if in MLB, otherwise keep on minor league roster)
    SP (Gee 5B)
    SP (jamie Garcia 10F* - will cost $50 to release, but willing to do so if wont return salary).
    SP (Corbin 2B)
    P
    RP
    Closer
    Last edited by FBP; 02-16-2013, 03:18 PM.

C Molina 10B
    C Suzuki 1B -- Cheap enough that you should keep him
    1B Goldie 10B (Would be ok with 15A but better to lock in value)
    2B Murphy 3F (no extension)
    3B Aram 22F
    SS Simmons 8B -- Probably your 10th keeper if you eat contract on Jaime Garcia
    MI (Solano 1B) -- No keep. With 10 teams you don't need it, even at 1.
    CI Frazier 3B
    OF Eaton 10B
    OF Snider 8B -- For some reason I am for rolling the dice on him... 11th keeper
    OF
    OF
    OF
    U (C. Johnson 2B) -- No
    U (Gamel 4F) -- Not unless F means you have to keep him.
    SP Medlen 3B
    SP Smardjizda 1B
    SP Teheran 3A if in MLB, otherwise keep on minor league roster -- Minor leaguer yes, major leaguer probably 12th keeper because he'll have trade value
    SP (Gee 5B) -- No
    SP jamie Garcia 10F* -- Real injury risk... consider paying the $50
    SP (Corbin 2B)
    P
    RP
    Closer

Good luck! Nice list.

Comment

maybe I don't understand fully but how is paying $50 even an option? $40 is a damn good player and couldn't you make up the loss of jaime's roster spot with a reserve pitcher. There are always gems found in the reserves. Jaime might be fine too.

Comment

Is it $50 real dollars (not auction) dollars? I'd do that.

Comment

It is real $50.

Comment

I don't really know how to answer this. I would say no transaction is worth $50 real money unless this league is like a $25,000 buy-in.
            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

yeah, that's not something we can actually decide for you without a lot more information about the league structure and how much you value the non-monetary aspect of winning.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

The 50 is a consideration, but it is not dispositive. If I have a slot for him and I thought he would earns his salary or close to it, I would keep him. Otherwise he would go.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  yeah, that's not something we can actually decide for you without a lot more information about the league structure and how much you value the non-monetary aspect of winning.
                  I agree with this.

Last year I used my mulligan to drop a player that cost me $50 (on a 300 buy in) on auction day. I didn't like it but I was not going to throw away the $25 in auction money to save $50 in real money. I will say that $50 is closing in on my threshold.

Comment

I have tried to effectively give him away, but no takers. Hopefully he will have a strong spring.

Comment

I don't see how you could drop Garcia for $50 but it's not my money. Regardless of how much you value winning, the return on your investment is still a way to keep score. Would have to be a pretty big buy in for me to drop $50 to save a few auction dollars.

Comment

Buy in is $500, but it is all about winning.

Comment

What does the Pen think about keeping Eaton at $10? I am thinking to play off the hype and flipping him for a cheap closer

Comment

If you can, that seems reasonable, but of all the projections on Fangraphs (http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...05&position=OF), none of them have him earning less than $20ish, and Keith Law seems to like his chances too (http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog/...pects-2013-mlb).

As far as Garcia, how soon do you have to decide? If he's healthy, I think he earns $10 without a problem.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                            X