2013 Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Is Bonifacio's defense at 2B/SS so bad that Toronto would rather have three other players change positions so he can play OF?
    I think we know the answer to this.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

when is Rajai Davis going to get some respect? All the guy does is produce (first HR today, 5 SB, etc etc) and they still want to start non-factor Adam Lind and his .244 average over him on a most-of-the-time basis (Lind at DH).

Comment

maybe this is the beginning of your wish, pauly. from rotoworld:

Adam Lind is not in Wednesday's lineup against the Orioles.
        While we haven't heard anything about an injury, it's a bit surprising to see him sitting with a right-hander on the hill for Baltimore. Melky Cabrera will serve as the DH on Wednesday while Rajai Davis will play left field.
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          when is Rajai Davis going to get some respect? All the guy does is produce (first HR today, 5 SB, etc etc) and they still want to start non-factor Adam Lind and his .244 average over him on a most-of-the-time basis (Lind at DH).
          Coming into today, Lind had an OBP over .100 pts higher than Davis. As Davis's OBP was below .300, saying all he does is produce is simply incorrect. Neither are that good, really. Still, there are plenty of reasons to play Lind over Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Dude, this is a shockingly misinformed update.

Lind is out on paternity leave.
            ah well - just passing on what i came across on rotoworld. sorry to be so shockingly misinformed...

ETA: and it's 'shockingly uninformed'. but i c wat u did thar.
            Last edited by bryanbutler; 04-24-2013, 08:37 PM.
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I think that we're seeing why they fired Gibbons in the first place...not only is he shockingly misinformed (see what I did there?), but he seems to overreact to things. Itzuris is going to start at 2nd, not Boni is! Boni sucks at 2nd after 10 games, bring back Itzuris! We're going to try Lawrie at 2nd! No, he's going to suck too! We'll bring up Kawasaki, and we'll like him because he runs really hard on his weak-ass grounders!

Jeebus, just put Itzuris at SS, Boni at 2nd, let them play together for a month and see what happens...let the dam infield jell a bit.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

An interesting side note to the Jays exciting come-from-behind 9th inning win over Baltimore yesterday, which I was at.

situation is this: top of the 9th, 5-2 O's; Jays get their first two guys on, 1st & 3rd, nobody out, Lawrie up (it's Adam Lind on 3rd). Lawrie hits a fly ball to medium RF, Nick Markakis lines the catch up & quickly fires it back to the IF. The 3rd base coach holds Lind - no SF or RBI for Lawrie. I explained to my wife who was there why it was the right call - slow runner, guy with a very good arm, that run doesn't matter anyway, we need 3 to tie the game.

However, apparently Lawrie doesn't agree with me, or the 3rd base coach, or anyone else. While I didn't see it & it wasn't captured on film, apparently he said some angry words to Arencibia who was on first, then went to the dugout glaring at Rivera, the 3B coach. When he got to the dugout, this happened ...

Good to see the coach & Bautista standing up to him, & it's worth mentioning that Lawrie was the first one out of the dugout when Kawaski hit the game winner ... but still, it wouldn't surprise anyone here to see Lawrie on the bench tonight.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

heard on MLB radio that Morrow will be out at least another 2-3 weeks

Comment

Man Dickey lost that glass slipper huh?

Comment

At 11 in a row.

OVER .500 !!

Look out rest of the east?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                        At 11 in a row.

OVER .500 !!

Look out rest of the east?
                        3 games out of the Wild Card!!!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                          3 games out of the Wild Card!!!
                          Wild card? 5 games from first!!

Comment

Brett Cecil for Cy Young

Comment

I've intentionallystayed away from posting here because of the dreaded RJ jink.

If we lose tonite I'm gonna be pissed.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Jose Reyes returns Wednesday! http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...k_tor&c_id=tor

Comment

Working...
                                X