2013 Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by popeye View Post
    So you think even if Janssen pitches like he did last season, he will be removed from the closer's role when Santos is ready?
    it's a guessing game at this point. I agree ... I'd love to see Santos pitch lights out & force a tough decision. Santos has more pure closer stuff than Janssen, but Janssen is more of a pitcher. I could see both of them getting 20 saves this year.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      Given the Johnson, Morrow, and Romero are in the rotation, who are the Blue Jays' seventh and eighth behind Happ?
      My guess would be Brett Cecil at 7, Justin Germano at 8. Or convert Brad Lincoln from reliever to starter is a possibility.

Comment

Todays lineup:

Reyes-SS
        Cabrera-LF
        Bautista-RF
        Encarnacion-1B
        Lind-DH
        Lawrie-3B
        Rasmus-CF
        Arencibia-C
        Bonifacio-2B

with interestingly, Brad Lincoln getting the start.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I read somewhere that the Jays may have promised Izturis the 2B job in order to sign him. Now, promises can obviously be broken, but that probably dents Bonifacio's value a buck or two. He'll still get his 300-400 ABs and 30 steals somewhere but his upside is limited.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            I read somewhere that the Jays may have promised Izturis the 2B job in order to sign him. Now, promises can obviously be broken, but that probably dents Bonifacio's value a buck or two. He'll still get his 300-400 ABs and 30 steals somewhere but his upside is limited.
            With Lawrie starting the year on the DL, Bonifacio has won the 2B job and Izturis will platoon at 3B with Mark DeRosa.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              With Lawrie starting the year on the DL, Bonifacio has won the 2B job and Izturis will platoon at 3B with Mark DeRosa.
              fwiw, he's eligibile to come off the DL on Apr. 6; no word tho on whether he's expected to be ready then.

Comment

So has Dickey turned back into a pumpkin after he crossed the border?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  So has Dickey turned back into a pumpkin after he crossed the border?
                  Not that anyone rational thought he would duplicate last season, but it is only game 2 and still opening week. He had some stinkers last April too and turned out alright.

That being said thanks for the trade Toronto!

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                    Not that anyone rational thought he would duplicate last season, but it is only game 2 and still opening week. He had some stinkers last April too and turned out alright.

That being said thanks for the trade Toronto!
                    You are welcome. Thanks for the trophy, Metropolitans!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Brett Cecil... increased velocity, 8 Ks and 2 walks in 3.2 innings out of the 'pen.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Brett Cecil... increased velocity, 8 Ks and 2 walks in 3.2 innings out of the 'pen.
                        Wade Davis v. 2.0?
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Darren Oliver just came in to relieve Dickey

Dude has 20 years MLB experience - c'mon 20 years

THe Marlins pitcher tonight - Fernandez wasn't even born when Oliver started in the majors

Comment

Well this is interesting indeed ...

Originally posted by rotoworld
                            Brett Lawrie (rib cage) is starting at second base during his rehab game with High-A Dunedin on Sunday.
                            Interesting. Lawrie began his professional career as a second baseman but was moved to the hot corner after he couldn't hack it defensively. With Jose Reyes on the shelf, Maicer Izturis is expected to handle the bulk of the starts at shortstop, and the Jays might feel they're better off with Lawrie at second base than Emilio Bonifacio. Jose Bautista started at third base on Saturday. The club should clarify their infield situation before long.
                            Link

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              Well this is interesting indeed ...

Link
                              I'm guessing that it's just an experiment to see if Lawrie is or isn't a complete disaster out there. If they put Bautista at 3rd, Lawrie at 2nd, and Boni in the OF, I think that it'd significantly weaken the defense. Better, IMO to leave well enough alone and just slide on player into a new position (Itzuris), than make wholesale changes this early in the season.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Is Bonifacio's defense at 2B/SS so bad that Toronto would rather have three other players change positions so he can play OF?
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X