Padres: The Sad Truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padres: The Sad Truth

A short, home-made documentary by a disgruntled Padres fan regarding the recent history and lies/frugality beginning with the Moorad "ownership" that has been making its rounds and gaining d=some steam 9picked up by CBS and various other outlets)

:sigh: it's tough to be a fan, especially now that we have to compete with the Steinbrenner-type regime to the north

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
    :sigh: it's tough to be a fan, especially now that we have to compete with the Steinbrenner-type regime to the north
    Well, let's not be comparing them to Steinbrenner until they win something. I like the team they have put together, but they still have to get over on the reigning champs.

Comment

very much the same feeling in colorado these days. the ownership doesn't care about winning, the local sports media doesn't care enough to challenge them, and now the west coast yankees will spend us into oblivion every year. there is no hope.
      ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        The Giants have probably already started passing out the steroids this year instead of waiting until the regular season like last year.
        Coffee clean up keyboard #3.

Comment

A short, home-made documentary by a disgruntled Padres fan regarding the recent history and lies/frugality beginning with the Moorad "ownership" that has been making its rounds and gaining d=some steam 9picked up by CBS and various other outlets)

Well I would sit back a wait as the DOGERS went out and acquired a bunch of new toys the second half of last season and cratered the second half .
          The moral of the story is "good on paper" has never won anything except preseason adulation.

The Dogers are the equal to the Raiders - they are surfing the bow wave of ancient history as the fact of the matter is they haven't won squat in 26 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            Well I would sit back a wait as the DOGERS went out and acquired a bunch of new toys the second half of last season and cratered the second half .
            The moral of the story is "good on paper" has never won anything except preseason adulation.

The Dogers are the equal to the Raiders - they are surfing the bow wave of ancient history as the fact of the matter is they haven't won squat in 26 YEARS
            That is about to come to an end.

Comment

at least the yankees have another cash cow (boston) and a well-run organization that cares about winning (tampa bay) in their division to challenge them. the dogs have one smoke-and-mirrors team that wins on chemistry (interpret that either way you like ) and three non-competitive trainwrecks. no matter how badly they spend their mountains of dough, they're going to be buying their way into the playoffs for years to come.
              ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

The Giants have probably already started passing out the steroids this year instead of waiting until the regular season like last year.
                True that. The boys gotta buff up to be strong enough to lug that pesky Championship trophy around all year.

Comment

I would have thought that Padres fans would be encouraged by their very strong finish to last season. No?
                  Oh, I was for sure encouraged by the end of last year, but when your ONLY offseason moves are re-signing Jason Marquis, signing Freddy Garcia to a minor league deal, trading for a guy with a 6+ ERA (Ross) and with the news that the Headley extension talks are going nowhere, what reason for optimism do we have? I know the franchise is going to say that the deals they did last year (extensions to Maybin, Quentin, Street, Lubke...) were to set up the years to come, but they also said that they would dip in to free agency and improve where they can. All we can hope for is all of the guys we've been waiting for break-throughs on (Maybin, Venable, Cabrera) have the kinds of years we've been hoping for - coupled with hoping that all of the injured pitchers from last year come back health y and productive. If we're in the position to have to start the Russ Olehndorf's and Jeff Suppan's of the world again, it's going to be a loooong year.

Comment

Sure, but which one of the mediocrities are you juicing up in order to have an MVP caliber year that propels your team to unwarranted success?
                    With the exception of Posey, Cain, and a few others, it's hard to argue with the description of "mediocrities" although we prefer to call them "over-achievers" which is the same thing but with the connotation befitting a team that has won two championships in three years. And if they are mediocrities, then I guess the Dodgers aren't? And if they aren't, then they must be... I don't know... under-achievers?

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
                      at least the yankees have another cash cow (boston) and a well-run organization that cares about winning (tampa bay) in their division to challenge them. the dogs have one smoke-and-mirrors team that wins on chemistry (interpret that either way you like ) and three non-competitive trainwrecks. no matter how badly they spend their mountains of dough, they're going to be buying their way into the playoffs for years to come.
                      Well played. I am still trying to figured out whether you are commenting on Melky's Miami training treats or Timmy's smoking.

Comment

Oh, I was for sure encouraged by the end of last year, but when your ONLY offseason moves are re-signing Jason Marquis, signing Freddy Garcia to a minor league deal, trading for a guy with a 6+ ERA (Ross) and with the news that the Headley extension talks are going nowhere, what reason for optimism do we have? I know the franchise is going to say that the deals they did last year (extensions to Maybin, Quentin, Street, Lubke...) were to set up the years to come, but they also said that they would dip in to free agency and improve where they can. All we can hope for is all of the guys we've been waiting for break-throughs on (Maybin, Venable, Cabrera) have the kinds of years we've been hoping for - coupled with hoping that all of the injured pitchers from last year come back health y and productive. If we're in the position to have to start the Russ Olehndorf's and Jeff Suppan's of the world again, it's going to be a loooong year.
                        Has ownership paid off the purchase of the team yet? I think that would be the first thing that needs to happen before anything changes. MLB did a real disservice to Padres' fans when they let the team be purchased on credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          That is about to come to an end.
                          You should be on your way to Vegas then...Yes?

Comment

You should be on your way to Vegas then...Yes?
                            I am not allowed in Vegas.

Comment

Sure, but which one of the mediocrities are you juicing up in order to have an MVP caliber year that propels your team to unwarranted success?

My vote goes to Brandon Crawford. Look for him to put up an OPS somewhere around 1.000 this year.
                              Perfect! I have to confess that at one of the Grammy after-parties, I got Rihanna to commit to jump back on Matt Kemp starting in May....
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                              X