Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing innings pitched with?

Hi all

My main league is debating a change from innings pitched to something else.

We are an ultra 5x5 a.l. only league currently using wins, saves, era, whip, and innings pitched.

Each activation and reserve costs real money so really, it is only the money chasers pumping up the prize pool from about august on.

People are asking if there is a better pitching category out there? We have a 900 inning minimum and are willing to increase (thus, forcing teams to still roster starting pitchers).

So rj, what do you have for suggestions?

What's wrong with Ks? If not Ks I would go QS.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      What's wrong with Ks? If not Ks I would go QS.
      I've also seen leagues that go with K/BB instead of straight Ks, although I'm fine with Ks, since WHIP already includes a negative factor for walks.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        I've also seen leagues that go with K/BB instead of straight Ks, although I'm fine with Ks, since WHIP already includes a negative factor for walks.
        I'm guessing he picked K's over K/BB to maintain the values of the starting pitchers. It already sounds like the league has a problem with teams rostering too many relievers over starters.

Comment

My main league is switching from IP to K's this year (over my contrary vote, I think IP is a great category, gives proper reward to inning eating groundball pitchers). I don't see anything particularly better, although I would stick with IP.

Comment

what is it that you are trying to do with the stat shift? Why didn't you use K's in the first place?
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
            X